Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Being A Geek

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:43 PM
  • 6 Replies

I can totally relate to this after having just returned from a vacation in which one of my younger brothers praised how smart my kids are and my other younger brother making fun of how smart they are.

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sonshining
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Love it!! My son is smart and not as "athletic and cool" as his older brother, (my stepson) and I tell him, don't worry, you'll make it far with your brains!

StephanieSH
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:54 PM

My husband has four brothers and the youngest of them (who is 28) told my 10 year old son that he should pretend he's not smart so people don't expect as much from him and he can get easier work at school.   What a genius.

cloughmom5
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Being a "Geek" is cool in its own right! Some of the greatest people in history didn't follow the "cool kids" and this world is better for it!

JollyMommy84
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Quoting cloughmom5:

Being a "Geek" is cool in its own right! Some of the greatest people in history didn't follow the "cool kids" and this world is better for it!

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Agreed! :) I was the nerd and my life has turned out far better than all the 'cool kids' who bullied me for being the short, skinny, smart girl. And, I know it's mean, but, it makes me smile. *blushes*

Quoting cloughmom5:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)