Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

i dont know what to do... at my wits end

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:39 PM
  • 21 Replies
ok so ds will be 6 in nov. he starts kindergarten this sept. heres my problem. he keeps peeing on himself. he knows when he needs to use to bathroom he will go for days without any accidents but there are days where he will go threw 4 or 5 pairs of underwear a day!!!! never at night only during the day, like when hes playing or watching tv. today i took all his toys outta his room and took his tv privileges away but he did it AGAIN! its getting to the point where im getting mad. i dont want him to get joked on at school. any advice anything at all please!! oh and yes i limit his fluids i remind him to get up and use the bathroom but if i let one hour go by then there he goes. ive talked to his doctor and his therapist and neither have shown to much concern so please anything you ladies can tell me will be much appreciated. thank you in advance.
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Try a reward chart for a few weeks to see if that helps.  Rewards don't have to be expensive, but should be something that he likes.  You can always use an extra story at bed time, movie night at home of his choice, dinner picnic in the livingroom, etc as rewards.

mlb456
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I tried that once also.. i explained to him what i expected of him we went out bought a toy of his choice placed it on the back of the toilet that way every time he was in the bathroom he could see it and he still peed on himself it got to the point where i put it up in the closet for a loong time.. but i might try it again but with rewards like you suggested.. thank you

Quoting steelcrazy:

Try a reward chart for a few weeks to see if that helps.  Rewards don't have to be expensive, but should be something that he likes.  You can always use an extra story at bed time, movie night at home of his choice, dinner picnic in the livingroom, etc as rewards.

mlb456
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:31 PM
also with rewards like that we can do a day at a time didnt think of that!

Quoting mlb456:

I tried that once also.. i explained to him what i expected of him we went out bought a toy of his choice placed it on the back of the toilet that way every time he was in the bathroom he could see it and he still peed on himself it got to the point where i put it up in the closet for a loong time.. but i might try it again but with rewards like you suggested.. thank you

Quoting steelcrazy:

veganistic
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:35 PM

My 8 yo girl does this. She doesn't full on wet herself - though she has - but usually enough to soak her undies and show through on her shorts. It sucks. She doesn't care... she hates to stop what she is doing. SO frustrating.

cloughmom5
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

maybe you could keep a chart and give him stickers or stars or something when he goes a certain amount of time dry. Then you can give him a prize he earned or something. Talk to him about school and how all the other kids will stay dry and he should too, I am sure once he sees all the other kids at school always useing the potty he will too. Give it time and send extra clothes to school just in case lol. My oldest used to do this too I was always called in! lol

aetrom
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Is it a new thing or has he always?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofjkkc
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:34 AM
2 moms liked this
My sis had a hard tims with my nephew on that. What worked for her was she told him there were rules to go in kindergarten. She listed the to him like being respectful, taking turns, sharing.... than she threw in using the potty. They practiced the rules before school started. All of a sudden he stopped having accidents.
mlb456
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:35 AM
What do you do/say when she does this??

Quoting veganistic:

My 8 yo girl does this. She doesn't full on wet herself - though she has - but usually enough to soak her undies and show through on her shorts. It sucks. She doesn't care... she hates to stop what she is doing. SO frustrating.

mlb456
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Its always happenend but for the last couple months he was doing soo well and then all of a sudden he started again.. the only change that has happenend is hes on summer break and now hes at his dads for one week then at my house for one week and so fourh but he told me he likes it better this way (during school i only had him on the weekends but this school year he will be with me mon-fri but he dowsnt know that yet)

Quoting aetrom:

Is it a new thing or has he always?
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Get him a watch with an alarm. Set the alarm for every hour. When the alarm goes off make him STOP whatever he is doing and go to the bathroom.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)