Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School Transfer

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:11 PM
  • 14 Replies
How do I accomplish this? I've tried repeatedly - and unsuccessfully - to call the main office. Last time voice messaging was available (usually isn't) so I left a message and asked for a call back, haven't heard from them. I don't want to go to the school when I've got no idea what hours/days they're even there but I need to get this done. I can't find anything about it online either :-(

Update: Still no call-back. I have to wait until DF has a day off to go in person. I called his current school and left a message with them; based on past communication I think they'll respond fairly quickly.

Update 2: Got the information needed. I have to call the district registrar. Still wondering why this information isn't available online when the district's website is so full of other information.
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2gmp2
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Summer hours are normally the same as when school is in. If you need transcripts I think you have to sign for them.
Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Have you tried calling the school that you want to transfer TO, to see if they even have room or will accept your child?

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:57 PM
This....

When we transferred schools several years ago I called the accepting school and they handled everything.

Quoting Barabell:

Have you tried calling the school that you want to transfer TO, to see if they even have room or will accept your child?

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I go IN. They cant ignore me that way. I found they tend to ignore the phone
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I am transferring my son to a different school. Have you talked to the school your trying to transfer him too? I called the school I'm transferring him too and his records aren't there yet from the old school but they told me that it was fine since I already registered him at the new school. Just have to go give them a couple of forms since the old school is being slow.
balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:19 AM

We have to go to the school district office to get anything official done.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:01 AM
You need to call and make sure that the school you want to transfer to will take your child. This late in the game, there might not be room.
Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I *think* the accepting schools do most of the leg work here too. I'm not exactly sure since we haven't been through the process, but I know the whole process here starts by being accepted by the new school.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

This....

When we transferred schools several years ago I called the accepting school and they handled everything.

Quoting Barabell:

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
When i left Mi i had to go into the iffice and get the fax number. Then when we arrived at Polk, i went in, gave told them i was transferring her from such and such school in MI. They had me fill out a firm plus sign the release form. Gave them the fax number and they faxed the request for the documents. When we left Polk, i got her transcripts in a sealed envelope and just gave it to this school.
dolphingurl1286
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:26 AM
I have to wait.until August 16th to enroll my daughter at her new school.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)