Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Birthday Parties (that don't break the bank) **Update

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:39 PM
  • 21 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you do themed parties?

Options:

Yes

No

Sometimes

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 26

View Results

Just finished my son's 12th birthday party! These kids have kept me hopping trying to try to come up with creative themed parties.  Thankfully we're done for the year! My brain needs a break!!

Do you do themed parties? and if so what activities have you done?

** These are a lot of work, but I just realized how worth it they are.  The kids have a blast, and they are so inexpensive! I just sat down and did the math with my husband on each of these parties and with the exception of the cake (which I should have just made but didn't for time's sake) we did not spend more than $30 for any of these parties. 

January - Spa-themed party (finger nail painting and face masks) - 10 kids, $25

July - Ancient Egypt themed party (clay pot making, toilet paper mummies) - 8 kids, $30

July - Pokemon themed party (Create a Pokemon and Togepi Egg Walk) - 6 kids, $27

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Cute! We don't do parties. We have family time instead. For instance: Next weekend is my youngest dd's birthday. We are taking the kids to Dave and Buster's for a couple of hours, then to Studio Movie Grill for dinner and to see Smurfs 2. We also will have cookie cake( which I am making since I am a former Pastry Chef) and gifts for her. Last year for my oldest, we went to Callaway Gardens ( Pine Mountain GA) to geocache and ride bikes. We spent the night in one of their cabins and took them to the restaurant there as well.

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I have one dd and her bday is in march .  I wanted to do a park party but due to threat of bad weather we just had her invite one friend out for the day to celebrate.  We have gone to many partys and they usually are not themed like that.  We did go to her friends at hte park and they did a live action angry birds game.  A water balloon sling shot, water balloons and a "big "kid or adult dressed as a piggy.  The big kids were about 10 or older.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:21 PM

My boys get to pick a friend and an activity that they want to do for their birthday.  On the actual day of their birthday, we have family and close friends over for cake and ice cream.

Both of my boys love when I make a cookie cake for them, no culinary training, yet I pull it off quite nicely.  And yes, I make my own cookie dough from scratch as well as my own icing.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:27 PM
We do themes but not at home. I have their parties at places...last year DD had a bowling party, one year it was at a cupcake bakery, once at a teahouse and at Pizzeria Uno. DS had a party at a minor league baseball game, at a firehouse, at Build-A-Bear and Gymboree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLizyB
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Fun! We take my son and friends to Disneyland for his birthday

Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:29 PM
We don't do theme ones. Just what they want and thing we think the kids would like.
DrDoofenshmirtz
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Fun!  We just did a Harry Potter party.  I had a lot of fun making wands and candy from Honeydukes!

aetrom
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:05 AM
I tried to be all prepared this time. Planned a water balloon thing, etc. the kids? All dissapeared to play! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:01 AM
We normally do the 1-2 friends and an outing.

When DD turned 9 last year we happened to be in San Diego that weekend and took her to Sea World. This year we had her first ever big friends party at the gymnastics center.

Seans's 13th is coming up in Sept...eek...gotta think on that!

My 15yo's bday this year.took him and a friend to anime con in Las Vegas
bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Only if the kids want too. Its up to them to plan their own parties. Well what they want to do.

Both are summer babies and we usually just have a pool party since we have a pool. Lol

Mu lo is only 18 months and her bday is February, so no pool parties for her lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN