Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Another loose tooth post- it grosses me out!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 20 Replies
Am I the only one completely grossed out and disgusted by loose teeth? My daughter has her first loose tooth and there's SO MANY loose tooth posts and I can close my eyes and see her gross little tooth wiggling around in her gum and I want to puke!! Honestly, it freaks me out so bad. I wish the thing would fall out and we'd be done. But no, we have to do it NINETEEN more times. This is yet another part of parenthood I am totally unprepared for. If I could put weight on the word *UGH* via Internet I would!!
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:54 PM

lol, my son lost his tooth on the freeway yesterday on the way to dinner, my poor BIL said he lost his appetite. 

LoneStarrLady
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Maybe I'll get used to it, like poop. But I'm afraid it's like vomit, which will always gross me out

Quoting Idntreallycare:

lol, my son lost his tooth on the freeway yesterday on the way to dinner, my poor BIL said he lost his appetite. 

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:11 PM

it grosses a lot of people out, my son lets me wiggle his teeth, he's got another loose one

Quoting LoneStarrLady:

Maybe I'll get used to it, like poop. But I'm afraid it's like vomit, which will always gross me out

Quoting Idntreallycare:

DrDoofenshmirtz
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:12 PM

So so gross.  I hate it.  But it does get better once those front 4 are out.  Not as gross to look at.  DH and I used to argue over who had to help her get it out, but thankfully, on tooth #8, she became confident enough to wiggle it out on her own.  I am a total tooth phobe.

LoneStarrLady
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:21 PM
I can totally see me and dh having that argument!

I'm glad I'm not alone. It really creeps me out!

Quoting DrDoofenshmirtz:

So so gross.  I hate it.  But it does get better once those front 4 are out.  Not as gross to look at.  DH and I used to argue over who had to help her get it out, but thankfully, on tooth #8, she became confident enough to wiggle it out on her own.  I am a total tooth phobe.

aetrom
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:03 AM
I have afriend that is totally grossed out by it! I think it is kind of cool. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kylie819
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Haha. No, it doesn't gross me out. And I LOVE the missing front teeth look. I think it is adorable!
Bluecalm
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:34 AM
It doesn't gross me out. My son just lost his first tooth. He pulled it out himself which surprised me. He looks so cute with a missing tooth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlb456
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Omg!! Right before ds lost his second tooth he was able to take his lip and push his tooth all the way down i coulda sworn it fell out but nope it'd pop right back up that was sooo gross but soo cool at the same time lol.. his 3rd tooth is a lil loose now cant wait for the tooth fairy to visit again he gets soo excited :)
mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:07 AM

It can be icky when they just refuse to come out. My dd just had one of her top front teeth refuse to come out. It was loose at Thanksgiving and in April it was still hanging by a thread. She could not get it out and would flip when we tried to help her. I finally told her that if she did not let us get it out, I was checking her out of school the following day and taking her to my teeth cleaning with me. So, I did. The dentist took one look and nodded at me. I knew it was coming out. He tried with just a scaler, but he ended up getting the needle and she FREAKED out! Less than a minute later, he used some instrument to pull it out. I was so grossed out from all the blood. He told me she would not want to chew for a while, so I got her a milkshake for lunch when I took her back to school. Her teacher told me I was awesome for that one. LOL 

The toothless wonder as I call her...she is now missing her top 3 teeth with one more getting loose on top. She has already lost all 4 on the bottom, so she is on tooth 7 now with 8 coming soon. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN