Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Are your boys loud?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:40 AM
  • 42 Replies

I swear my ds feels the need to talk so loud.  It is like a whisper or indoor voice does not exist in his world.  He has to be reminded all the time to bring his voice down. I hope whoever he gets for 1st grade will be as patient as his kindergarten teacher was .  Also at school he is a great kid, kind to his classmates listens to his teacher and follows the rules 95% of the time.  At home, I have to ask him several times to clean his toys up, he hits hi sister, he hits me he gets so wound up I have to get on his case about everything.  he does have his sweet moments, but most of the time he is super rough. he is younger than his sister.  Sometimes he just makes me want to pull my hair out.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Boys9501
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:45 AM
My 12 year old is loud most of the time. My 17 can be too at the most inappropiate times. But they are both good kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cherish77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Don't get me wrong, I love him to peices , I do, but I just wish he would chill out a bit.

Quoting Mom2Boys9501:

My 12 year old is loud most of the time. My 17 can be too at the most inappropiate times. But they are both good kids.

Sab4
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:48 AM
Yes my boys are very loud I have a one-year-old boy a three-year-old boy a five-year-old boy and a seven-year-old boy they're always yelling screaming I tried to tell him to use inside voices and it does not help what I've found is letting them go outside and just run around with a big help I do not have any girls but I do feel you!!!!
abecee
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:53 AM

This question made me laugh because just this morning me and mine had this same conversation.  I'm always looking for the volume control button on my two.

Chymerra
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Yes. We joke that my DS needs a mute button or volume control...lol. He's going to be 6.

Cherish77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

ds just turned 6, 2 weeks ago, mute buttons would be awseome, that and an alarm when they are doing something te shouldn't be.

Quoting Chymerra:

Yes. We joke that my DS needs a mute button or volume control...lol. He's going to be 6.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Yup, I'm often reminding him to tone it down by saying "indoor voice."

huskermom98
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Their talking isn't so bad, it's just when then get on a kick of repeating noises in small spaces that I start to go crazy!  Right now their noise of choice is the "Be-do Be-do" firefighter Minion noise from Despicable Me 2...sooooo fun in the car or the bathroom or our small kitchen...

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Let me just answer yout title question with a question- Do we need air to breathe? LOL My boys are 13 and 8 and can get loud! Sometimes it's excitement, sometimes they are fighting, and sometimes it's just the sounds they make to indicate a motor revving, something exploding, etc... everything has to have a sound. lol

MissTuree
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:04 AM

No way Jose. I have a real problem with noise. I am the person that can sit in absolute silence for hours on end and it's complete bliss. From the beginning my son has known that being excessively loud is a good way to make mom excessively mad. Of course when he's outside playing sports or at the park or something he is as loud as he wants to be, but the moment he steps inside he knows that the noise is to be controlled. 

He's almost 9 now, but he's been this way since he was about 2. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)