Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How much will your school fees be this year (or approximate)

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:17 PM
  • 68 Replies

We just got our info for online registration and ours will be $158 per child for 1st-3rd grade.  It was only $119 last year.  We live in a small town/rural school community.  

by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:18 PM

We live in a small town/rural area, last year we paid $30 for both kids. I don't know what this years fees will be. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I live in a rural area as well.  Our fees will be $0.  There are some fees once your child is in HS, but nothing for elementary or middle school.

SouthernMamaof1
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't have school fees.  I'm a teacher and I don't even know what they are for.  What do the fees pay for?

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Not counting chess club, the fees for 2 day a week hot lunch and the materials fee will come to $718 for dd. There are no fees for ds. 

karamille
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Text book rental fee, paper that is printed off, etc..  

aetrom
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Ours last year was 20 $ plus class supplies plus a classroom fund that was about 40$ and included the teacher's present for christmas and end of the year...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waytomanykids9
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

$0 we homeschool, my husband makes up our curriculum and he is my childrens teacher.

AA87Mommy
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Hot lunch? Do they serve a cold lunch too? (I'm asking because I've never heard this before...)

Quoting momtoBrenna:

Not counting chess club, the fees for 2 day a week hot lunch and the materials fee will come to $718 for dd. There are no fees for ds. 

KanPsMommy
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:32 PM

We live in a small town as well and our school feels are never more than $20. This year kindergarten is only a $10 fee, we send the back pack, a pack of pencils and the nap mat. The $10 covers everything else.

catevincesmom
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Ours @ this level is $43/child.  Prob alot higher as they get into middle school & hs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)