Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD 8/2

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:31 AM
  • 21 Replies

It is also national eye exam month...

How is you eyesight? The kids? 

Want to are any pics of the kids with their cute eyewear? 

I have 2 kids with glasses. Ds1 got them around age 3 when we noticed he has a lazy eye and DD got hem about a year ago and only needs them for reading.   

I had glasses from the age of 5 to age 33 when i had lasik - worth every penny. Went from nearly blind to 20/15 and 20/20 in a matter of a few hours! 

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:41 AM

I am pretty bad in eyesight so bad that no doctor would recommend me for lasik.  i have asked each exam by different doctors.   DD has astigmatism so she got them towards the end of kindergarten.  I need to get her in since she is way overdue.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:44 AM

How long ago did you ask? I was told that there was NO WAY I would qualify when I first looked into it about 10-12 years ago...I had very very severe astigmatism.

My Dad ended up with a cornea transplant and was talking to the Dr about me one day so he asked me to come for a consult and he said he would be able to fix it. I was SO excited. He thought he may actully need to do the procedure twice but once did it...

It has been amazing!

Quoting frndlyfn:

I am pretty bad in eyesight so bad that no doctor would recommend me for lasik.  i have asked each exam by different doctors.   DD has astigmatism so she got them towards the end of kindergarten.  I need to get her in since she is way overdue.

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:51 AM

I think 4 yrs ago (i know that is a long time) is when i asked.  I have a few issues with my eyes and a "smudge"that no one can figure out what happened.   LOL   I can't afford it anyhow right now.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

How long ago did you ask? I was told that there was NO WAY I would qualify when I first looked into it about 10-12 years ago...I had very very severe astigmatism.

My Dad ended up with a cornea transplant and was talking to the Dr about me one day so he asked me to come for a consult and he said he would be able to fix it. I was SO excited. He thought he may actully need to do the procedure twice but once did it...

It has been amazing!

Quoting frndlyfn:

my4littlegirls
by and 1 boy on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:47 AM

So far my kids only have 20/16 eyesight. Me I have real bad eyesight and I just cannot work up the nerves to get lasik.

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:53 AM
So far my kids are good with their eyes. Mine on the other hand isnt so good. I need my glasses to see when driving. I cant see well when things are far away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chymerra
by Jolie on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

My eyesight is pretty bad (can't remember what it is). I am very near sighted with astigmatism in both eyes.

DD's eyes are really good (20/20 vision)

DS's has no depth preception and one eye that is growing faster than another which was causing the non growing eye to turn. As of his last eye Dr appointment (this past July), he still has no depth preception with the glasses off but sees very well with them on. 

LadyAmaranth
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I've worn glasses or contacts since I was 12. Got a bad stigmatism in my left eye so that side is relatively thick.

My kids are ok so far. But since Dan and I both ended up in glasses at about the same age I expect the boys to as well.

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I have myopia (nearsightedness) in one eye and astigmatism in the other and I need new glasses.  But my daughter has 20/40, in both eyes, when she got an eye check at her school and my son has 20/20 vision, when he went for his "well child exam", at his pediatrician.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:50 AM

This is one area that I am very dumb and I really shouldn't be.  lol  I've had glasses since the age of 9 and I am blind as a bat without them.  I'm also one of those odd people whose precription keeps changing, which I've been told is very odd.  We are hoping that once I get all the way through menopause my perscription will stablizie.

My oldest son has had glasses since the age of 7.  I nearly died at the price increase between kids and adults frames last summer when he had to upgrade.  I need to call and schedule his appoinment here soon.

My younget son is 10 and still doesn't have glasses.  We are waiting for that day to come though since my husband and I both wear them.

LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:20 AM

So far both of my boys have great eye sight but as for me my eye sight sucks and I have so many eye problems that I have to wear glasses all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)