Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Let's see your kindergarten cutie

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 5:12 AM
  • 34 Replies

DD had her well child checkup yesterday and I was a little surprised she'd only grown 2 inches and gained 1 lb in the past 18 months. Her doctor didn't seem concerned and she's not below average. She's 43"/37lbs.

How big is your kindergartner?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 5:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peaceful.chaos
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 5:40 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 6:17 AM
My son turned 6 in May and is 41" tall and 40 lbs.
Some kids are just small.
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Dd's well child check up was back in May. I don't remember her stats. But I remember her doctir was pleased with everything and never said a word about height and weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I can't remeber my son his checkup was in Dec but i think he was 47lbs and 42inches.

jaytee
by Jen on Aug. 15, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Mobile Photo

My dd is 42 inches tall and weighs 38 pounds.

Your dd is adorable!
jaytee
by Jen on Aug. 15, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Here's another pic just because
littleangie
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Henry at the zoo. 

cindilou13
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Your DD is adorable-love her hair!!  And those measurements seem pretty normal.  I bet she will hit a growth spurt soon.  My DD was 46"/37lbs at the beginning of kindergarten which she started 2 weeks before turning 5, but she's alway been tall for her age and very lean.  She started 1st Monday...we have her check-up next week but last time we measured she was 48 1/2 " and 40 lbs, guess we'll see. My DS is turning 9 next week and he just broke 50lbs and is 50"...he is very small for his age but except for being a chunky baby he always has been so they tell us it's just his stature.  They are 3 years apart and we get asked ALL THE TIME if they are twins...it makes him SOOOOOOO mad!

idlehands
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM

This is my daughter Aislinn. She started Kindergarten a week ago. She's 44 inches tall and 36 lbs.

She actually gained four pounds in the past three months. She has some health problems that caused her to vomit at least twice a week. Since going vegan a few months ago her symptoms have faded quite a bit and she no longer throws up so much and put on some needed weight :)

bzzybeemomof3
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:27 PM

This was Ava first day of Kinder last year, about 40 inches tall and 32lbs. She had just turned 4.

Ava now, just turned 5. 42 inches nad 39lbs.Going into jk

We have 2 yrs of Kinder here. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN