Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What's in your lunch box?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:58 PM
  • 33 Replies

When DD started kindergarten she told me she wanted to eat the school lunch. That was fine with me, even though I feel lunch prices are pretty high.

After the first week, she changed her mind. They sent home a menu, and apparently don't follow it. With her having food allergies, I decided the risk of her going hungry just wasn't worth it and started packing her lunch.

Today she had taco soup with corn chips and a bottle of water. 

If you send their lunch, what does their typical lunch include?

by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Their lunch includes whatever they decide to pack.

jaytee
by Jen on Aug. 15, 2013 at 3:36 PM
I pack homemade lunchables, fruit, veggie and a treat or sandwich, fruit, veggie and a treat. Almost always water is their drink.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Yogurt or apple sauce, juice box, occasional cookie.

The rest varies w/ the child and their mood.

Ds2 usually takes something he can dip in the yogurt or apple sauce (he doesn't really like sandwiches or wraps0.

Dd takes sandwiches, quesadillas, pizzadillas, "raw quesadillas" (tortilla w/ unmelted shredded cheese), occasionally leftover pizza.

Ds1 takes a sandwich, juice box, and Goldfish/Cheez-Itz/chips, and the occasional cookie. No yogurt or apple sauce.

steelcage
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 4:48 PM

The kids want to take their lunches even though they won't eat anything I will pack for them. I told them  we'd start packing lunches next Monday but I really don't know if I can/will. It'd be cheaper for them to eat there and it's really all I can do right now to just get them breakfast.

SciFiMama91
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 4:50 PM

We don't have a "typical" lunch. The food I pack varies. Today he had a dinosaur sandwich, snap peas and cucumber, applesauce, chocolate dipped pretzels, pita chips, and almond milk.

idlehands
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Today I made quinoa salad with vinaigrette, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes. Then grapes, blueberries, and carrots on the side.
mommyslate
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:02 PM
We pack her lunch every day, the school lunch menu consist of nuggets, burgers and pizza.

She likes whole wheat cheese quesadillas, mini 'sliders' (shredded chicken on mini whole wheat rolls with cheese), cheese, crackers and turkey, whole wheat pita pizzas, and chef salads.

For sides she almost always wants raw bell peppers and hummus and fruit.
sonshining
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:06 PM

My son gets a sandwich, apple slices, box of raisins and something sweet, a cookie or fiber one brownie. And water or milk

Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I don't have any idea what I am going to pack my son for lunch. He loves his PB&J but the school does not allow any peanut butter or products that could have them in it. So pretty much everything we have at home is out. He might have to buy lunch.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:17 PM

All kinds of things- they pack sandwiches, soup, leftovers, my daughter even packed a leftover taco bell taco last year LOL... just about anything can end up in their lunches! They usually pack a fruit and a few little things like cheeseticks, a granola bar, goldfish, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN