Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Kitchen Talk for August 21st

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:15 AM
  • 23 Replies

do you use a grocery list when you shop? Or do you wing it?

~~CINDY

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SahmTam
by Tammy on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:31 AM

I use a list. I think it would take me 10X longer if I tried to wing it and think up meals on the fly.

momofjkkc
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:22 AM
I list shop. If I don't I'll forget almost everything I need to get.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:24 AM

About 50/50. I forget to take the list half the time, and when I do have it w/ me, I'll see something that I suddenly remember we need that I forgot to put on it.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:34 AM
I make a list but rarely does it make it to the store with us. So I go from memory and need.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I use a list and most people are stunned by my list as it is a typed up list of everything that I normally buy.  I print the list and do an inventory of my freezer, pantry, etc. crossing out what I don't need to buy.

jamianne
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I make a list.  I write it up as I plan meals for the week.  And our grocery bill dropped about 20% once I started making lists and sticking to them.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:03 AM
50/50
LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I grocery shop online and usually the night before I'm going to order what we need I will make a list up of things we need and then go over to make sure I didnt' miss anything and then place my order.

party_of_5
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I have to have a list. I make a menu on the back of my list & base my shopping list off of that. It has cut my shopping time in half along with our bill.

ZombieMeat
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I use a list. I meal plan so it's important to make sure I have everything for the week. It's also easier for me to remember what I need to restock.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)