Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Frustrated (school uniform) update: spoke to someone at the school

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:24 PM
  • 16 Replies
and they told me that they were sorry that at the last minute they changed the colors and they are happy to know that I am one of the parents that made the effort to buy the uniform. I next called kmart and the woman I spoke to just happens to have a child in the same school as my girls and is going through the same thing.. I couldn't help but laugh. she also had bought the blue bottom and white tops. she told me to stop by and I can change the clothes. that they will find my receipt. thank you very much ladies for the advice.

My 3 girls will be going to the same school this year, 2 of them will be in 2nd grade and the other one will be in 5th. from 2nd - 4th grade they wear navy blue bottoms and white tops and the 5th graders will wear kaki pants and navy blue tops. I waited for the official letter letting me know about the colors. I bought all their school clothes after I got the letterĀ  which was Aug 9. today I get a phone call stating that the new uniform colors are kaki pants and navy blue tops. WTH. what do I do now? this is really frustrating. school starts on wednesday.

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShireeCS
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Can you exchange them?
kailalaila
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I don't have the receipt.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Either exchange them or me, i would bring in the FIRSt letter to the school an tell them they either pay for the proper colors or they leave your kids alone and let them wear what u bought since that was what the first letter they sent out said.
kaylasmom22
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Quoting kailalaila:

no, 7 day exchange policy

Call the store and explain your situation, I have return things that were not supposed to be returned before. I just talked to the supervisor and explained
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:36 PM

So whole school will be in one uniform now?   Depending on the store you can take them back and exchange for a new color.  Or take them to a consignment store which sells  school uniforms.

ninamsi
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I would let the school know what you purchased and that you can't return them and see what they say,  If you know a consignment shop in your area you might be able to sell them there if the school is not cooperative.

kailalaila
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:36 PM

I thought about doing that, I doubt they will pay for the proper colors.

Quoting sahmw2010:

Either exchange them or me, i would bring in the FIRSt letter to the school an tell them they either pay for the proper colors or they leave your kids alone and let them wear what u bought since that was what the first letter they sent out said.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Then the school needs to let this year fly and fix their stuff for next year so the letter sent out is correct, but i would def go in with the 1st letter and talk to the school. Those things are WAY to expensive to just go buy more

Quoting kailalaila:

I thought about doing that, I doubt they will pay for the proper colors.

Quoting sahmw2010:

kailalaila
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:41 PM

yes they will be all in the same colors. I recieved the official letter aug 9 that from 2nd to 4th grade will be navy bottoms and white tops. 20 min ago I get the call about everyone in same colors. I don't have the reciept so I don't know what to do. If they are not allowed to wear what I got them then I will definitely take them to a consignment store. tyvm for the advice

Quoting frndlyfn:

So whole school will be in one uniform now?   Depending on the store you can take them back and exchange for a new color.  Or take them to a consignment store which sells  school uniforms.

kimmaylove013
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:42 PM
I'd call the school and confirm that change as they sent a letter stateing one thing and a call saying another.

We do uniforms too they actually posted the change on the website. Maybe you could check the schools website too.

Quoting kailalaila:

My 3 girls will be going to the same school this year, 2 of them will be in 2nd grade and the other one will be in 5th. from 2nd - 4th grade they wear navy blue bottoms and white tops and the 5th graders will wear kaki pants and navy blue tops. I waited for the official letter letting me know about the colors. I bought all their school clothes after I got the letter  which was Aug 9. today I get a phone call stating that the new uniform colors are kaki pants and navy blue tops. WTH. what do I do now? this is really frustrating. school starts on wednesday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)