Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Have Your Kids?

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:04 PM
  • 70 Replies

So far this year have your kids had any mishaps at school?

My DD has had a few (she started Kindergarten Aug 14th). 

1. She was being not so nice to a little girl and got pushed in the mud as a retaliation. 

2. She was told not to go to the hot lunch line because her name wasn't on the list...however it was supposed to be we ordered lunches differently. Anyway she was crying because she didn't have a packed lunch thankfully the issue was resolved in a matter of mins. 

Your kids have any stories they have come home to tell you?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Not yet dd is not in school yet but we will see what this year brings.  Her kindergarten was like that for the lunch confusion. I pack her lunch each day but when the teacher asked who was eating lunch at cafeteria as in the hot lunch bought, dd raised her hand. It was a 40 dollar mistake since she let it go for a whole month.  Oy ve.  Luckily it got wiped from records as it was mis communication.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Ds2's bus was 30 mins late picking them up the first day, but other than that, no mishaps.

mommy053008
by Maria on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:09 PM

OH WOW! The teacher may have learned to reword the way she asked that! Yikes. 

Quoting frndlyfn:

Not yet dd is not in school yet but we will see what this year brings.  Her kindergarten was like that for the lunch confusion. I pack her lunch each day but when the teacher asked who was eating lunch at cafeteria as in the hot lunch bought, dd raised her hand. It was a 40 dollar mistake since she let it go for a whole month.  Oy ve.  Luckily it got wiped from records as it was mis communication.

mommy053008
by Maria on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM

30 mins late?! How does that even happen...did you call the school? Were you worried?

Quoting wakymom:

Ds2's bus was 30 mins late picking them up the first day, but other than that, no mishaps.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Yeah it wasnt one of her brightest moments of the year.  One the positive side we did however find out dd qualifies for free lunch so if this happens again (she is in 2nd grade this coming year) it is covered.

Quoting mommy053008:

Quoting frndlyfn:

mommy053008
by Maria on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:15 PM

That works out perfect. My DD gets free lunches that is why we don't pack. However her aunt is the head of the lunch program that is why it is free for her. which is why the teachers didn't know she was hot lunch because she wasn't on their list because we don't pay for it. lol

Quoting frndlyfn:

Yeah it wasnt one of her brightest moments of the year.  One the positive side we did however find out dd qualifies for free lunch so if this happens again (she is in 2nd grade this coming year) it is covered.

Quoting mommy053008:

Quoting frndlyfn:

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Due to the kids in our subdivision going to 2 different schools (long story), we knew there would be some confusion, and the busses are always a bit late on the first day. It was the first time this driver had driven a route in our neighborhood, so she got lost. On the plus side, if they are late b/c of a bus issue, they are not counted tardy : )

Quoting mommy053008:

30 mins late?! How does that even happen...did you call the school? Were you worried?

Quoting wakymom:

Rosebud27aj
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest just started today and so far no mishaps.

MommyBee12808
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Today, she only went for an hour to meet with the teacher and learn the class rules. The teacher decided to do a craft. We painted toilet paper rolls and made them into owls (school mascot= owls). My daughter was very liberal with the paint. She got paint on her arms and on her desk. The teacher didn't care and gotout clorox wipes and baby wipes. I was embarrassed.
Kellileanne
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Not yet, she has had a couple of hard days (as in pulling cards) but otherwise she has been fine.  Now, at home?  Just today she fell in the kitchen and bumped her elbow, then fell in the hallway and bumped her head.  She has adhd and sometimes really doesn't notice things around her and will fall over it or bump into it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)