Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much have you spent and plan to spend on school clothes?

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM
  • 32 Replies

I learned the hard way today that taxes in Canada have gone up. WAAAAAAAAAAY up, but I did catch a few sales at Gymboree and Gap Kids. I spent $413 on school clothes - 9 pairs of pants, 14 shirts, 3 hoodies, and 4 pairs of underwear!!! I still need to buy 3 pairs of shoes - one cleated, 1 non sole marking, and 1 for outdoors, more underwear and a backpack!!! Our PST just went up so I'm just wondering if that's why...I spent $250 for the SAME amount of clothes last year.

I also need to buy my son a $10 App card for the school iPads, and give the teacher the $100 for field trip, school supplies and breakfast program. 

Whew. What about you???

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:32 PM

$20 on sneakers for ds2. I would've spent that even if it wasn't the start of school, though, b/c he needed new ones no matter what. I don't buy "back to school" clothes, I just buy as needed, when needed.

Rebecca7708
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Around $1oo? Maybe? He didn't really need a whole lot.
Kellileanne
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I bought a few tshirts and a couple pair of shorts, she didn't need much at all.  Spent less than $20 on clothes and less than $20 on shoes.  I shop clearance the season before a lot and then hit clearance right before school starts when they start marking summer stuff down when fall clothes starts coming in.

ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:57 PM
I spent $200 on clothes, shoes, and underwear. I only bought 5 outfits, since I wasn't finding much we could agree on. We'll have to buy some more in a few weeks.
reenasam01
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Close to $600 but I always buy half in bigger size have no plans to buy for that extra growth spurt !

bingogurl
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I am spending $100 per kid (I have 4), but with my Mom buying my DD clothes and my 10yr DS's gma buying him clothes, I'm going to save their portion and use it during the school year and I only have to shop for my younger 2 DS. I've already got all the kids new shoes at Kmart for $10 each (love the brand - and I even have a pair of shoes I bought for $10 and they are pretty good to handle heavy wear).

taz1993
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:27 PM
So far ive only bought boots (on sale for $10) converse (onsale for $8) , panties and socks. She just had her birthday and she got a couple of outfits for that from my mom and from dh's grandparents. We'll have to buy some winter stuff in a few weeks but we live in Alabama so we may have about a month.
SahmTam
by Tammy on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I tend to shop clearance year round and never keep track of that as far as counting it as back to school clothes shopping. We are also given a lot of clothes. I did just need to buy some shoes and my daughter desperately needed new pants (her hand-me-down source has parted ways with her in regards to pants size lol.) For 6 pants and 2 pairs of sneakers my total came to about $100.

AmiJanell
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Maybe $100... 

toriandgrace
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I spent $60 on jeans today and $15 on Skechers the other day, but I buy most stuff off season so I have hoodies, long sleeve shirts, sweaters, sweater dresses and tights, etc all put away from the spring. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)