Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

getting impatient...lol

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:42 PM
  • 14 Replies

so school starts next tuesday. i have two dds, one starting 2nd grade and my youngest is starting pre-k. they will go to two different schools (the pre-k is only at one elementary school in the district, its a special program, she has an IEP for speech). BUT i still have not received either teacher assingments. I need to know!! i need to arrange my work schedule, and after school care etc etc etc etc etc etc..

now watch,  im sure it will be sitting in my mailbox when i get home lol. but if not, when should i contact the school? i dont want to be "that mom". l lol

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
needadvice1983
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:50 PM

We only get teacher assignments sent to us in the mail for Kinder. After that they just post it at the school a week before and we have to check it ourselves. 

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Here they don't find out teachers till the first day of school.
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Calk now and see when they will have the information posted or sent. You won't be labeled as THAT mom.
GwenMB
by Gwen on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Why do you need to know teacher assignments for making after school care arrangements etc?

If it's not in your mailbox today, and you really need it, I'd probably just call tomorrow & politely ask.

ccnstanczak
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Quoting GwenMB:

Why do you need to know teacher assignments for making after school care arrangements etc?

If it's not in your mailbox today, and you really need it, I'd probably just call tomorrow & politely ask.

the main issue is that its two schools. the second grader will ride the bus home. the preschooler will be dropped off/picked up. if the prek is afternoon then it will get tricky. i work in the afternoons which means my mom will be picking them up, perhaps both?. if its am then i will do the drop off/pickup no problem. BUT it might mean i need to arrange my work schedule differently, which im supposed to request two weeks ahead. also my dd got two supply lists from school, they are slightly different because one of the teachers asks for certian things the others dont and im not buying this stuff unless she gets this one teacher. and yeah. these are my issues, not the schools, i would never call the school and be rude.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:18 PM
You dont need to know who the teachers are to arrange after school care.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:38 PM

We get an email, and it's posted on the school front doors, the Fri. before school starts, which was on a Wed this yr.

Since you need to know your preschooler's schedule so you can make arrangements w/ work, I don't see anything wrong w/ calling the school to ask if you don't get anything today.

huskermom98
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Since it's a matter of a morning vs afternoon program I would definitely be caling--that's something that needs to be known more than a week ahead of time...even if I didn't have child care issues!

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Quoting huskermom98:

Since it's a matter of a morning vs afternoon program I would definitely be caling--that's something that needs to be known more than a week ahead of time...even if I didn't have child care issues!

I agree with this.

Good luck!!

notyurmama
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:29 AM

At our school we put our first choice for morning or afternoon class. They then will only call if we didn't get our first choice. Did you happen to fill in something like that when you enrolled your kids? I say call but just plan for sending the Pre-k kid for when you specified.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)