Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting trouble in school...

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:36 AM
  • 6 Replies
So DD started kindergarten and is now 1/2 way through week 2. She is in the same class as the little girl down the street. They sit at different tables, but back to back. Well her mom keeps telling me they are getting in trouble for not listening and that her DD has had notes from the teacher. My DD has not recieved 1 note. I check the back pack daily, no notes. I have tried to talk to DD, but its hard to get a straight answer. Should I be concerned? If I am not being informed, then it's hard for me to talk to her about it and I don't think I should punish her because its just hearsay on my part.
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Bump
GwenMB
by Gwen on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Contact the teacher and ask.

How does the other girl's mom know that your dd is getting in trouble? I'd be surprised if the teacher was telling the other mom anything about your dd.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Quoting GwenMB:

How does the other girl's mom know that your dd is getting in trouble? I'd be surprised if the teacher was telling the other mom anything about your dd.

This. 

To me it sounds like her DD is trying to pass the blame off on your DD for "getting her in trouble". 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

mcknitro
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:22 AM
I thought that. DD goes to an after school program till I get off work and BF walks her to school since I work at 7 so i don't get a face to face with her teacher. I guess I can email her. I'm not sure if they are saying her and my DD are not listening or if its just her and she is relaying the information to her mom and siblings wrong. She's also a working single mom and relies on her BF and high schoolers to drop off and pick up.

Since I've had no notes, I think I may just ignore it. I've talked to DD about listening and I think I'll leave it at that unless I start getting notes. Parent teacher is mid September and I can ask then. It appears DD is finishing most assignments correctly, so I think I will wait till conferences to ask unless I start getting notifications.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting GwenMB:

This. 

To me it sounds like her DD is trying to pass the blame off on your DD for "getting her in trouble". 

ZamilyMom
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Quoting mcknitro:

I thought that. DD goes to an after school program till I get off work and BF walks her to school since I work at 7 so i don't get a face to face with her teacher. I guess I can email her. I'm not sure if they are saying her and my DD are not listening or if its just her and she is relaying the information to her mom and siblings wrong. She's also a working single mom and relies on her BF and high schoolers to drop off and pick up.

Since I've had no notes, I think I may just ignore it. I've talked to DD about listening and I think I'll leave it at that unless I start getting notes. Parent teacher is mid September and I can ask then. It appears DD is finishing most assignments correctly, so I think I will wait till conferences to ask unless I start getting notifications.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting GwenMB:

This. 

My thoughts exactly.  A good teacher would never mention problems with one child to another child's parent.  Also, if teacher sent homes about your DD that were never acknowledged, you would have gotten a phone call or email.

disastermind
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I'd e-mail or call the teacher and find out what's going on.

It sounds like it's the other girl that's causing the issues and the mom is trying to act like it's both of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)