Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Thinking of a trip to Washington DC with the kids....

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:11 PM
  • 29 Replies

We already have a few 'must see' places on our list but I wondered what some of the other good museums were. We have the Air & Space museum and the National Zoo on the top of our list. And my 7 year old wants to see the Lincoln Memorial and the White House. Any other ideas? We'll be there for 2 1/2 days in October. 

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixie-buttercup
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:19 PM

BUMP!

endurablemist
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:27 AM
We just went before school started, the air and space museum took over 5 hours to see, just so you know it is huge. I loved the American history museum, and the museum of natural history. We didn't do the zoo, we had no time, we had 2 full days. Have fun!
Mommabearbergh
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I liked the Arlington cemetary. The changing if the guards is awesome.

Fords theater
cupcake_mom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:42 AM
Hard rock Cafe lol
pixie-buttercup
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Yeah...I think we're going to have to skip the zoo. We have one here. The air and space museum is a must. Did you go to the one near Dulles? That's the one we're planning to go to. I hate having to cram everything in so quickly! We're only going to have 2 full days too. But I guess the monuments don't take long. We're not going to do tours or anything. 

Quoting endurablemist:

We just went before school started, the air and space museum took over 5 hours to see, just so you know it is huge. I loved the American history museum, and the museum of natural history. We didn't do the zoo, we had no time, we had 2 full days. Have fun!

pixie-buttercup
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:10 AM

We have one here!!!! lol  

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Hard rock Cafe lol

cupcake_mom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:12 AM
I think we have one closer but they are all different. Never the same experiance twice

Quoting pixie-buttercup:

We have one here!!!! lol  

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Hard rock Cafe lol

cupcake_mom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this
The zoo is so awesome though!

Quoting pixie-buttercup:

Yeah...I think we're going to have to skip the zoo. We have one here. The air and space museum is a must. Did you go to the one near Dulles? That's the one we're planning to go to. I hate having to cram everything in so quickly! We're only going to have 2 full days too. But I guess the monuments don't take long. We're not going to do tours or anything. 

Quoting endurablemist:

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:50 AM

The zoo is awesome and free.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

eztwins
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:51 AM
The spy museum is supposed to be really fun. Haven't been yet but it's on our list for the next trip.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN