Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
The moms that wear pajamas to drop off their kids at school.. or even wearing pajamas in public no matter where you are at..

I seriously just don't understand it. They way I see it is if you as a parent don't take the time to get ready in the morning what message are you sending your child? Yes I have my lazy days where I love to stay in my pajamas but those are days when I typically don't need to be anywhere and stay home. Or if I do need to go somewhere I get dressed in appropriate clothes, not pajamas or yoga pants. I also get my three kids ready. I just don't understand why some people just don't care.

Ok rant over.

Edit: I'm talking for the moms that walk their kids into school. The way our car pick up line is I can't see into your car. Also a bunch of parents came to meet the teacher night in pjs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
KairisMama
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:49 PM
2 moms liked this

If ALL you are doing is dropping the kids off at school, eh, that doesn't require getting dressed imo. I'd wear pajamas to work if I could though. :p

Jenn8604
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:50 PM
As long as your fat ass isn't hanging out the bottom of your shorts or ur boobs flopping out your top because you didn't wear a bra I don't care what someone wears.
Why do you care?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:50 PM
me too!

Quoting KairisMama:

If ALL you are doing is dropping the kids off at school, eh, that doesn't require getting dressed imo. I'd wear pajamas to work if I could though. :p

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhaney03
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:52 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh jeeeezzzzzzz no one is out there to impress you.  I used to drop off my kids at daycare while I was still in PJs so I could get ready for work at home in peace.  Get over it.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I was never able to do that.  I have seen women in robes and hair curlers at the mall of all places.   Some people give up when they are frustrated with their clothing choices.  I had reason to wear pj bottoms when i was pregnant but nope I put on my regular pants anytime i left the house.   I have seen young adult girls wear boxer shorts and an tiny tank to store with obvious slippers.

jaytee
by Jen on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:10 PM
My pajamas are typically sweatpants or lounge pants and a t-shirt. I will wear that to drop off the kiddos at school. I don't get out of my vehicle so nobody sees me.
confused0701
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Well considering I don't get out of my car to drop her off no one can see what I'm wearing so if it happens to be one of those days where I'm not going straight to work after I drop her off I tend to drop her in my pjs.  No one can see nor tell.  Now if I was getting out of the car to walk into the school or going to works straight after yes I get dressed.

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I have always wondered about that as well

Faceless_Jane
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I cannot fathom why this is a rant of any kind or showing up on anyone's radar as a thing to care about. You seriously get annoyed by what other people wear to drop off their kids at school?

Perhaps consider listening to a language CD in the car or something to distract you. Then you can learn a new language and not notice all the women in pajama pants. Use this new skill to become a tutor. Use the extra money to travel to the courtry where that language is spoken with your child(ren). You will have used this annoyance to enrich your life and your child (ren). 

MommaTasha1003
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I dont have to get out of the car to drop my DD off at school... I usually dont have on "PJs" so to say, but Im not "dressed" either.. Im a SAHM & I dont get dressed- unless if needed- until after I drop off DD at school..

I make sure my DD looks good daily though. We do something different with her hair daily & make sure she looks put together...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)