Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your kids make the string of calls?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:05 PM
  • 19 Replies

We just started this ritual this year where the kids (or parents) contact all their friends to share which teacher their have and whether or not they are in the same class.  Do you do this too?

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:17 PM
In the elementary school no because they have move up day so they know who is in their class. DS is in middle school, they got their schedules 2 weeks ago, he texted a few friends, that was it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sillytime
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Nope lol they don't find out till the first day of school.
GwenMB
by Gwen on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM

No. But my sons go to a small school where there is one teacher per grade so everyone is in the same class.

Pukalani79
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Mine never did

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM

The school had a couple of kindergarten playdates (at the school playground) over the summer before school started and I exchanged my phone number and email address with most of the moms who were there. A couple of weeks after the last kindergarten playdate we got postcards from the school with the teacher assignments. That afternoon/evening I got alot of texts from mothers asking me who my son's teacher was, and telling me who their child's kindergarten teacher will be. There were never any phone calls that day, but is that what you mean?

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Nope. 

MrsNewman
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Facebook is easier.
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM

No

I will always be tell him who is in his class because I work at the school. I don't think my students call each other because they are always checking the list at meet the teacher and on the first day. 

Most of students' families don't have home phones. I don't think they talk to each other on the phone all that often.

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM

No, we don't. Usually we see the student list on back to school night.

frndlyfn
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:48 PM

We did last year but not this year.  I can not even get a hold of her friends  for some reason.  We will find out tomorrow night who is in same class with her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)