Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

No leggings? How do I dress her?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:53 PM
  • 35 Replies
Well, almost all of her pants are leggings. She says all pants are too tight on her tummy- and all jeans are way too uncomfortable. When she pulls pants down to her hips, leggings aren't too long. That's exactly why I buy leggings. . How do I dress her in non-leggings? B/c another post said she can't wear leggings.

Should I just let everything fall down? She is in first grade. I know, she can wear dresses everyday. I can't find that many dresses. She has relatively short arms for her size, and needs 3/4 length sleeves. They're easier to find in shirts than dresses.

Any other ideas? Or are leggings just okay? We have many. I didn't know they were unacceptable. Honestly. They're the same as pants to me, just tighter in the calf, and who cares about calves?
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Osstie
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Leggings are fine as long as the butts covered
Jenn8604
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Hem her pants.
I too hated pants on my stomach. low riders became my bff when they started making them. Until then it was sweats for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MagicTemptation
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Her school doesn't allow leggings? Ours can not wear leggins as pants but can under shorts/skirts/dresses. How are pants tight on her stomach but leggins are not? Leggins are form fitting. Maybe try stretch pants such as the soft velvet kind?

Impressionists
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM
It's currently too hot for the velvet pants.

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Her school doesn't allow leggings? Ours can not wear leggins as pants but can under shorts/skirts/dresses. How are pants tight on her stomach but leggins are not? Leggins are form fitting. Maybe try stretch pants such as the soft velvet kind?

weberbaby
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

It depends on what her school dress code is.  You only need to worry about it if they say she can't wear them as pants.  Look that up first, before you worry too much.  Just because one post says their child can't wear them doesn't mean your child can't.

MagicTemptation
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Ok. But how are pants tight on her stomach but not leggins? Go up a size on her pants?

Quoting Impressionists:

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Impressionists
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Some parents thought it was horrible. As far as I know, there is no dress code.

Quoting weberbaby:

It depends on what her school dress code is.  You only need to worry about it if they say she can't wear them as pants.  Look that up first, before you worry too much.  Just because one post says their child can't wear them doesn't mean your child can't.

JTROX
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Skirts with leggings

Impressionists
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Everything gets pulled down. Leggings are fitting enough that they can't fall down.

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Ok. But how are pants tight on her stomach but not leggins? Go up a size on her pants?

Quoting Impressionists:

Quoting MagicTemptation:

joshlor2
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:05 PM
My dd wore ONLY leggings thru kinder and 1st.
As long as the shirts cover the butt it's all good.
She even wore leggings under shorts and skirts LOL kid had her own style.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN