Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Shot up like weeds!

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM
  • 16 Replies
DD is now 50.5" tall and 64 lbs. She has grown 2.5" and gained 10 lbs in a year. Dr is expecting her to be close to 5'10. (She just turned 7 in June)

DS is now 46" and 45 lbs. He has grown 2" and gained 7 lbs. Dr. Thinks he will be close to if not not a lil over 6'. (He will be 6 in March) 21 months and a day apart.
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Our doctor has not given us proposed adult heights.  DD is 7 and 50.5 for height, 50.6 for weight LOL.   She gained back the weight she lost while sick so 4-5 lbs in 2 months.

mama_girl07
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:43 PM

wow! My kids gain very slowly. In the last year my oldest has gained 1 pound and sprouted about 2 1/2 inches taller

Yougest has gained about 4lbs and grown about 2 inch taller

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:43 PM

My son is in the lower to average range for his height. He did see a pediatric endocrinologist for awhile, and that doctor estimated that he'd be around 6 feet tall. Not quite sure if he'll get that tall, but I think he'll be at least average.

MustBNapTime
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I towered over my school mates in elemenary.....By highschool they al towered over me... lol... Im 5'5

a06z08mama
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:38 PM
I was that way too. I'm only 5'4. I know both of mine will be taller than me.

My 17 yr old nephew is 6'6". So he towers over everyone! Lol. And his mom is only 5'3. My brother is 6'4

Quoting MustBNapTime:I towered over my school mates in elemenary.....By highschool they al towered over me... lol... Im 5'5
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Holy growth spurt! : )

Ds2 just shot up 3/4" in month- that's quite a spurt for him!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:49 PM

My oldest grew 4" this past year, and is now taller than me.  Gotta love puberty.  My youngest grew 2" this past year, which is pretty impressive for a 10 year old.  Both of my boys are average height.

DrDoofenshmirtz
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:52 PM

My newly 7 year old grew a lot this year too.  She is 50" tall.  She, however, gained very little weight, and is hovering right around 50 lbs as well.  Everyone commented on how tall she had gotten when we headed back to school, but I think it is more noticeable because now she is very thin as well, when before she still had a little kid appearance with more of a toddler shape.  Now she is tall, very muscular and slim.  Clothes are getting bigger around her waist from a year ago!  I guess that is what a really active summer will do to you.

AmiJanell
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I think my son is going to be very tall... I should see if his pediatrician can give an estimate.  My son just turned 5 in July... he's 48" and 48 lbs

MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Dd was 35lbs for a couple years straight and it wasn't until last year she gained weight and is now 40lbs. I'm 4'11 so she won't be too tall lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)