Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

??QOTD?? 9/6/13

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:25 AM
  • 31 Replies

Do you save your loose change for anything special? If so, where do you keep it until you reach your savings goal?

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
endurablemist
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:19 AM
It just get thrown in the desk now, when I get tired of looking at it I out it in a ziplock bag. I used to have a jar that counted it, but I have no idea where it went.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Not unless we're going to going on a long camping trip. When that's coming up, I try to remember to save quarters for laundromats. I don't have a special place to do so, though.

jaytee
by Jen on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:27 AM
I do save it. We put it in an old jumbo sized animal cracker container. We're not saving for anything specific
steelcage
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:56 AM

I have a little jar on top of my dryer. It's where all the change and bills from DH's laundry goes and where any change from my car goes. There's not a lot in there since I keep taking whatever I have out for treats or something for the kids. I may have about $3 in change right now.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:01 AM

We keep it in a jar on DH's dresser. I just use it for odds and ends. On Wednesday, my kids first day of school, their online lunch payment company was down and all of the kids who use it had to borrow lunch money, including my elementary kids. So, I sent the kids to school with coins to pay back the "lunch kitty" (which is what they call the borrowing system.) lol

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:04 AM

WE have a change sorter in hubby's sock drawer it goes into. We do not save it for anything special. However if we go on vacation we grab a bunch of quarters and pennies for those machines that squish designs on the pennies. The boys collect those. 

We used to save this for Christmas cash. Anymore  I do my Christmas shopping year round when I see a bargain or good clearance sale. So I have no reason to use the change.

Maries_Mom23
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:08 AM

We have one of those huge water containers that all silver coins and the girls' dollar bills go into.  Everyone throws their change in there.  Money is super tight, due to my medical issues.  We love doing day trips during the summer, but want to do an actual mini-vacation next summer.  I told the girls we need to save money and that's where it goes.  If I had to guess right now, we've been doing this since late July, I'd guess about $100 is in there.  And it NEVER gets touched.  For nothing.  Everyone knows better.  LOL...

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:42 AM
No, we don't save it.
Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Yes we save it. We have a big water jug in the hall. We call it the Disney fund. We were planning on using it next summer but my kids don't want to go to Disney. I guess we will keep saving and change it to the Hawaii fund. LOL

Jenn8604
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Yep. In a cup and put them into a larger container. There it shall sit until i have money for going to take my ds to swim with the dolphins.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN