Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

So, exactly how involved are you with your child's school?

I have went to a few PTO meetings, but think that's a little more than I want to dive into right now! I did sign up to assist as a room mom and am very excited about that went to our first room mom meeting and think this will work out a lot better for me.

One of the kids in DDs class mom is like crazy into it she has 3 girls at the school and a 2 yr old and she is at the school doing something almost every day most of the day. I feel, for me, that is too involved. 

I want to be involved enough to where I know what is going on, but not using all my spare time there I have a two year old also who would love to see her mommy! 

How involved are you at your child's school?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Replies (21-30):
smarieljlee
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I would say I'm very involved, but not every day. Last year I was averaging one or two days a week between both schools. This year I will have to take some time off. With a baby coming this fall, it's just not possible to do as much. I definitely won't stop altogether. Plenty of moms bring their kids. I've brought my daughter in the past. Although I totally get that some parents may not be able to. I know I wouldn't have been able to bring my oldest when she was a toddler. But my husbands schedule allows him to be home during the week. 

mommy053008
by Maria on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:04 PM
That is awesome. I have a very challenging toddler my oldest was easy peasy.

Quoting smarieljlee:

I would say I'm very involved, but not every day. Last year I was averaging one or two days a week between both schools. This year I will have to take some time off. With a baby coming this fall, it's just not possible to do as much. I definitely won't stop altogether. Plenty of moms bring their kids. I've brought my daughter in the past. Although I totally get that some parents may not be able to. I know I wouldn't have been able to bring my oldest when she was a toddler. But my husbands schedule allows him to be home during the week. 

WillsMOM72
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I work part-time so I can only be so involved. I told the teacher I can help out when I'm off but that's it.
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:41 PM

For dd's school, I am lunch/recess monitor every Thursday. That is as far as I can go with how far away the school is. I will help with the holiday parties and be a chaperone for field trips when those arise too though. Ds is eschooled so I am 100% involved for him. 

mommy053008
by Maria on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:45 PM
That's awesome! They have high schoolers who help out in the lunch room

Quoting momtoBrenna:

For dd's school, I am lunch/recess monitor every Thursday. That is as far as I can go with how far away the school is. I will help with the holiday parties and be a chaperone for field trips when those arise too though. Ds is eschooled so I am 100% involved for him. 

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I am as involved as much as our school allows. I go to caring parents meetings (our form of pta) for elementery. I do friends of music for my girls. I cook meals for the football teams. I volunteer for dances, parties, carnavels, concerts and what not. I also do boy and girl scouts.
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Dd's school is K-8. :) It's a charter ad there is no high school connected to it. We are required to volunteer a minimum of 5 hours a month in some way. That can be in person or at home. 

Quoting mommy053008:

Quoting momtoBrenna:

Mrs.Velasquez
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:49 PM
As of right now, not involved. I am still recovering from a broken ankle as a result of a car accident we were in 12 weeks ago. I am in a wheeled chair and not walking yet. I would love to be, but I have to take care of myself first. I don't like doing things half assed.
I also have a 20 month old.

I was involved when my daughter was in Headstart.
mommy053008
by Maria on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome.

Quoting momtoBrenna:

Dd's school is K-8. :) It's a charter ad there is no high school connected to it. We are required to volunteer a minimum of 5 hours a month in some way. That can be in person or at home. 

Quoting mommy053008:

Quoting momtoBrenna:

mommy053008
by Maria on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Hope you get better.

Quoting Mrs.Velasquez:

As of right now, not involved. I am still recovering from a broken ankle as a result of a car accident we were in 12 weeks ago. I am in a wheeled chair and not walking yet. I would love to be, but I have to take care of myself first. I don't like doing things half assed.

I also have a 20 month old.

I was involved when my daughter was in Headstart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)