Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

So, exactly how involved are you with your child's school?

I have went to a few PTO meetings, but think that's a little more than I want to dive into right now! I did sign up to assist as a room mom and am very excited about that went to our first room mom meeting and think this will work out a lot better for me.

One of the kids in DDs class mom is like crazy into it she has 3 girls at the school and a 2 yr old and she is at the school doing something almost every day most of the day. I feel, for me, that is too involved. 

I want to be involved enough to where I know what is going on, but not using all my spare time there I have a two year old also who would love to see her mommy! 

How involved are you at your child's school?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Replies (41-50):
mommy053008
by Maria on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:28 AM
My 2 ur old is the SAME way! Shes a hoot though!

Quoting snowangel1979:

IDK yet. LOL. School just started Tuesday.

I'll be as involved as they'll let me.

I'm planning on joining the PTA but we will see how it goes. I'm not trying to be negative, but me and the PTA president do not get along, plus I homeschooled last year and a lot of people ( AKA-Miss PTA president, just graduated and is now a sub teacher) are really anti-homeschool no matter what.

I also have a 2 year old, who definitely has her own personally. LOL. She's not going to sit while I do something. She'll be in the hall trying to find big brother(s) or doing her own thing three classrooms down..

mommy053008
by Maria on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:29 AM
That is frustrating. I know a lot of parents at our school are mad the PTO meetings are held during or right after school. I'd love join, but just think its more than I can handle right now.

Quoting robynjavan7104:

I am very involved, there almost everyday. School doesnt start til monday here but I have already been in the school all day today and will be there sunday also. Last year I was PTA vice-president. This year I was planning on not doing PTA because its gets to be a lot but since no one else is stepping up I'm going to be forced to do it again. The only reason why I have to be there so much is because parents don't help, they complain but they don't help with anything.

mommy053008
by Maria on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Yikes! Is this a public school? I just can't imagine it being 30 mins away! My DD is in private but its about 15 mins away from us

Quoting AmiJanell:

I'm not really... I leave that to my husband because he teaches at the same school my son attends... the school itself isn't near us, it's 20 miles away going into the city (so 30+ min drive depending on traffic).. so like I said, it's easier for my husband to do most things.  

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Not really at all. We went to the school carnival last night and do the fundraisers but DH works full time during the week and I am in school full time so neither of us have time to volunteer. 

That being said, their teachers know me and the administrative staff know me. I am ever involved in their education and in constant communication with their teachers. 

kellysp6637
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Very. 

mommy053008
by Maria on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:35 AM
That's good. :-)

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Not really at all. We went to the school carnival last night and do the fundraisers but DH works full time during the week and I am in school full time so neither of us have time to volunteer. 

That being said, their teachers know me and the administrative staff know me. I am ever involved in their education and in constant communication with their teachers. 

mama-smurf
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Im not. I dont like that stuff.
kaylasmom22
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Last year I volunteered for the whole school year. Parties,lunch,recess,subing. After subing I decided to take the assistant teacher test in the future. But back to the subject lol,besides the volunteer work I make sure I know what's going on in my child's school all the time. This year I am working so I will just be able to go to school functions at night.
mommy053008
by Maria on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Man subbing must've been fun!

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Last year I volunteered for the whole school year. Parties,lunch,recess,subing. After subing I decided to take the assistant teacher test in the future. But back to the subject lol,besides the volunteer work I make sure I know what's going on in my child's school all the time. This year I am working so I will just be able to go to school functions at night.

pinkfairy0206
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Since my oldest who's 11 has been in school,I've been to everything. My 2nd daughter is going to 2ndand I've never missed anything for her. My 3rd daughter is going to kindergarten and it'll be the same for her. When I was little my mom worked,she was never able to be at my school events. I don't want them to ever feel the way I did.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN