Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Have you ever accidentally left your kid somewhere?

Posted by   + Show Post

This is inspired by a post in toddler & preschool. A mom was posting that she forgot to pick her kid up at school.

Anyway, I remembered another situation, I was maybe 10 or so and my family went to an event. I wasn't with them the whole time and at some point, the event is ending and I start looking around for my parents. Can't find them anywhere. So I start looking for them in the parking lot and their car is gone! Finally I find a neighbor and tell them my parents left me. It was humiliating! So my neighbor gives me a ride home. My parents had no clue I was even missing! They had been home for like an hour already. And the worst part was that they didn't even apologize! They thought it was funny. I was humiliated and angry and they thought it was funny! Argh!

Has this ever happened to you? Either leaving your kid somewhere or forgetting to pick up your kid? Hasn't happened to me yet as a parent!

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
JonesMama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope. But I've done the opposite. I was so used to having ds with me when he was a baby. One time, I went to the store and when I got there, I opened the back car door to take out him and his infant seat, and....NO BABY! Momentary panic attack until I realized he was safe at home with dh. 

bzzybeemomof3
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I try to leave mine places but they keep finding their way home. lol

Joking joking. lol

I have never forgot my kids anywhere or forgot to pick them up. But once when visiting T.O to the CNE we caught the last street car to go back to my Grandparents house, and I was carrying my dd on cause it was so packed and crowded and ppl have no common sense are extremely rude there...yes rude Canadians. lol And she got knocked out of my arms and the street car started to leave and I couldnt find her, she was on the sidewalk. Someone pushed her out of the street car to get on. The driver at first didnt want to stop. My dd was only 3 or 4 yrs old at the time. Their was so many ppl on the street car you couldnt even breath. And they all got on at that stop.

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM
I've done that a few times. LOL.

Quoting JonesMama:

Nope. But I've done the opposite. I was so used to having ds with me when he was a baby. One time, I went to the store and when I got there, I opened the back car door to take out him and his infant seat, and....NO BABY! Momentary panic attack until I realized he was safe at home with dh. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM
No never.
Indiemom880
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Yikes! The driver didn't want to stop even though your kid was by themselves on the sidewalk???

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Joking joking. lol

I have never forgot my kids anywhere or forgot to pick them up. But once when visiting T.O to the CNE we caught the last street car to go back to my Grandparents house, and I was carrying my dd on cause it was so packed and crowded and ppl have no common sense are extremely rude there...yes rude Canadians. lol And she got knocked out of my arms and the street car started to leave and I couldnt find her, she was on the sidewalk. Someone pushed her out of the street car to get on. The driver at first didnt want to stop. My dd was only 3 or 4 yrs old at the time. Their was so many ppl on the street car you couldnt even breath. And they all got on at that stop.

Cmgmqmmom
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I have never left them anywhere or forgotten them in the car, etc.

However, my mom forgot to pick me up from school after play practice once. However, I was in highschool, so it wasn't a tragedy. She thought my dad wa picking me up, he thought I was getting a ride from my friend.

theresaphilly
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I accidentally left my son, at the time 8, at home. He was home sick and he never stay home from school. I went out shopping and I realized he was home when I drove pass his school. I was like "oh shit, the boy is home alone." I called and he told me, he was watching television and did not realize I was gone. That was the first and last time. 

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Thank goodness no. Though I've had a few close calls over sleeping or losing track of timebefore school pick up.

I was late to pick up ds2 once because I was volunteering and lost track of time,bu I called his teacher and told her I would br late,dice I left ds1 school 5 min before I had to pick up ds2 and its a 25min drive!!

My sil has left her children at church,restruants, the store,multiple times
bzzybeemomof3
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Nope he didnt.

Quoting Indiemom880:

Yikes! The driver didn't want to stop even though your kid was by themselves on the sidewalk???

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Joking joking. lol

urbpro
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I forgot to pick my kids up on early day once. It was a 4 day week and I got my days confused but the school called about 20 minutes after pick up so it wasn't very long and at any rate I would have been there within the hour. My cousin was left behind once when we were going on vacation, home alone style. Several families were caravanning to the beach and we stopped in town at a convenience store before getting on the highway. Well, everyone thought he was in someone else's van and no one realized until we got to the beach 2 hours later! My uncle had to go back for him and luckily, he was still there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)