Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

S/O Your child leaves an item at school . . .

Posted by   + Show Post

A post in another group left me shaking my head.  If your child leaves an item such as a waterbottle, jacket, textbook, etc. do you run back to the school and retrieve it?  Does your school allow you back in the classroom?

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Replies (121-122):
MsLogansMommy
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Then not going back to the school if your child leaves something is consistent with your behavior and appropriate in your situation. If I leave something when I am running out and it is important to me then I will go back depending on how far I have gotten and whethet or not i'm running late etc. I just don't see this situation as a life altering behavior changing event. I don't fight every battle with my child only the ones I feel are going to either benefit her to get the lesson or hinder her severely if she doesn't. I do get what the core of this post is and I completely agree with natural consequences but the example you are using just hasn't been in issue for us thus far.

Quoting mjande4:

Truthfully I leave it. I've left my phone in my desk a couple of times and even though it bugged me, I didn't drive back to work.

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

I am curious what you do when you leave a personal item behind at work? Do you go back and get it or do you wait until the next day.

I completely understand and agree with natural consequences but something like this seems a little overdoing it. Unless it is completely putting me off my schedule or making me go out of my way I really do not see the harm in going back to pick up a lunch box or some homework. As long as, like I stated earlier, it isn't a constant occurrence or I feel that she is purposely leaving her homework to get out of doing it then those are two entirely different situations.  

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:56 PM
No because he goes to daycare and I don't know about missing items until the school is closed. If he forgets his lunch box, he buys school lunch the next day. If he forgets his homework, I make him get up early and we go finish it before school.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)