Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Coming home with a black eye..

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:08 PM
  • 60 Replies
My Ydd is 4 almost 5. Full day kindergarten. Before I go into what happened with her ill give some back story of last year and this district.

Dh n I ended up getting an attorney. Ds had a bully. Not just name calling, he was getting maliciously attacked and criminally assaulted. The school principal did nothing but take away the childs recess. Same with the superintendent, she did nothing. The first we confronted the school was in October. It took us getting an attorney and my son being stabbed 8 times with a pencil for the child to be removed from the class and off the bus. (Child kept pushing ds off the bus steps and punching ds on the bus) When we finally got it thru the school that this was a serious matter was April. Oct thru April to get something done.

Last week was week 1 for all 3 of my kids. Odd is in 3rd, ds is in 1st and Ydd is in kindergarten. The 2nd day of school Ydd gets off the bus crying. At lunch she needed the bathroom so her teacher took her, when she came back other kids ate her lunch. When she told an adult she was told "oh well" and not given more food. All she had was an apple. I called the principal to let her know what happenwd and asked it not happen again. She assured me it wouldn't and stated she doesn't want to have any issues this year and will see to it NONE of my kids are harmed. (New principal is the superintendent) Ydd comes home today and says 2 girls in her class pushed her down in the hall again, yes again. Everyday since school started these 2 girls have been pushing her down. Started looking her over because something didn't look right. I was right. By her eyelashes its all black and blue. She ended up with a black eye.

Before anyone says "you need to put them in another district." "find a better school" I tried. All schools in the surrounding districts are full and have lists already for next year. My kids are stuck in this district. If it tells you how crappy its become they closed the HS and fired halfthe teaching staff.
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Are there any openings in a different school within the district?    Man I say you would have a good case for homeschooling or finding a homeschooling co-op in your county for the children to go to a safe learning place.   Have you involved police for any of the attacks?  Take it to the news station as well.    Usually I would not suggest this stuff but it sounds like a major overhaul has to be done.   Also if you can get everyone enrolled in martial arts/self defense so they can fight back against anyone who would start crap.

Cmgmqmmom
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Home school?
luvmykcup
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Did you call the cops?

rugratsmommy4
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Cops got involved last year and they did nothing. We talked about homeschooling but since I had to drop out 12 years ago to take care of my mom and grandma I can't do it and dh works all the time. If the superintendent blows this off like last year's did I will be going to the media. The only one we are afraid to enroll in self defense classes is ds. He's mildly cognitively impaired and has ASD. Were afraid he won't remember its only for self defense

Quoting frndlyfn:

Are there any openings in a different school within the district?    Man I say you would have a good case for homeschooling or finding a homeschooling co-op in your county for the children to go to a safe learning place.   Have you involved police for any of the attacks?  Take it to the news station as well.    Usually I would not suggest this stuff but it sounds like a major overhaul has to be done.   Also if you can get everyone enrolled in martial arts/self defense so they can fight back against anyone who would start crap.

rugratsmommy4
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:47 PM
I did last year

Quoting luvmykcup:

Did you call the cops?

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I would look at virtual schools or co-ops.  Those involve professionals so that the child can stay on track.  Talk to a martial arts instructor about your son and his needs to see if it would be a good fit.  I am just trying to find solutions for you and your family that are within reach.  It would be a great thing for you to learn or relearn as the children go through the material so that you can help as they get older.  

Quoting rugratsmommy4:

Cops got involved last year and they did nothing. We talked about homeschooling but since I had to drop out 12 years ago to take care of my mom and grandma I can't do it and dh works all the time. If the superintendent blows this off like last year's did I will be going to the media. The only one we are afraid to enroll in self defense classes is ds. He's mildly cognitively impaired and has ASD. Were afraid he won't remember its only for self defense

Quoting frndlyfn:

lovingmommy4316
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Get your GED .then home school them. it took 6 weeks to get my results back. I think you should. school is suppose to be a safe place for kids to learn ! Not for them to be scared to go to school.
PinkButterfly66
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Get your attorney to write letters to the school and the parents.  Don't put up with this shit.  Tell the school that those little brats had better be suspended and put in new classroom (why should your daughter switch) this week or the school will be served with a lawsuit.

rugratsmommy4
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks so much. I will look into it. I'm willing to do anything to make sure my kids are safe. Some parents in this district call me "that bitchy mom", which I ignore because these are my kids and will fight to the death to protect them. And if the school wants to ignore what's happening I will scream loud til I'm heard about it.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would look at virtual schools or co-ops.  Those involve professionals so that the child can stay on track.  Talk to a martial arts instructor about your son and his needs to see if it would be a good fit.  I am just trying to find solutions for you and your family that are within reach.  It would be a great thing for you to learn or relearn as the children go through the material so that you can help as they get older.  

Quoting rugratsmommy4:

Quoting frndlyfn:

rugratsmommy4
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I'm calling her in the morning. Especially since we had things added to ds's iep last year regarding the bullying and assaults and that isn't being followed. Ds told me after I made this post that the same kid that went after him last year has been making threats to do it again.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Get your attorney to write letters to the school and the parents.  Don't put up with this shit.  Tell the school that those little brats had better be suspended and put in new classroom (why should your daughter switch) this week or the school will be served with a lawsuit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN