Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

bday treats for the class - pics

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM
  • 140 Replies
21 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

It's my DD's bday tomorrow. Finding something to meet the rules was tricky.

It's fruit cup in water, stickers, spoon & napkin of course !

Ahhh! I made feature post - I feel so famous!
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Is the liquid natural juice or a sugar syrup?     It looks good.    We just do store bought cupcakes for dd.  She loves to design them at the bakery and the children get rings after the cupcake eating.

MommyDearest__
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Cute and healthy!
Supervane
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:52 PM
9 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

The back label. I made it simple with no bday affiliation because there is a JW child in the class my DD plays with and hopefully this way she can still enjoy a snack :)

Says: a special treat for a special classmate. From Portia
silverdawn99
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

wow our school is more lax with that stuff

my ds birthday is saturday and friday i am taking in cupcakes with a candy eyeball :) its for kindergarten

beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:55 PM
It's water... Had to go to like 3 different markets to hunt them down. Normal grocers don't carry them go fig!
We.can't do baked goods

Quoting frndlyfn:

Is the liquid natural juice or a sugar syrup?     It looks good.    We just do store bought cupcakes for dd.  She loves to design them at the bakery and the children get rings after the cupcake eating.

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:59 PM
We.can do zero baked goods and zero candy. Needs to meet the districts wellness policy plus the peanut ban in the classroom

Quoting silverdawn99:

my ds birthday is saturday and friday i am taking in cupcakes with a candy eyeball :) its for kindergarten

silverdawn99
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:01 PM

walmart always had peanut free cupcakes but our school is still pretty good at allowing homemade snacks.

Quoting Supervane:

We.can do zero baked goods and zero candy. Needs to meet the districts wellness policy plus the peanut ban in the classroom

Quoting silverdawn99:

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM
I did not know that, my area doesn't have a super Wal-Mart. Our district has had this wellness policy in place for a few years. The no baked good rule is from the peanut/nut ban, kid is so allergic he has a service dog to alert of harming allergens.

It really sucks that my kid is in a classroom that has extra diet rules. I don't agree but I'm happy to comply ;) plus my kid hates cake!

Quoting silverdawn99:

walmart always had peanut free cupcakes but our school is still pretty good at allowing homemade snacks.

Quoting Supervane:

Quoting silverdawn99:

Dodie702
by Doriane on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Those are darling! Very creative! :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN