Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

??QOTD?? 9/11/13

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:16 AM
  • 33 Replies

In remembrance....

Where were you when you heard the news about the World Trade Center?

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:17 AM
Taking ISTEP testing in school
endurablemist
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:23 AM
At IADT (a technology school) in Pittsburgh. No wait when I first heard it I was still at my apartment in Pittsburgh, I heard about Somerset and DC while in the school, then everyone in downtown Pittsburgh was leaving. Despite the all the people and busses loaded, and so crowded, everyone was nice. You could tell the shock on their faces.
jaytee
by Jen on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:28 AM
At work. I was a cashier at a grocery store and I was pregnant with my oldest kiddo.
Cindy18
by Cruella on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:32 AM

I was on the first day of a new job. We had the clients in a park and some random guy said "You know the World Trade Center in New York? Well, it's not there anymore".

We got called to bring the clients back to the office and on the way my partener kept trying to find "music" on the radio and I was like.."Leave it alone so we can hear what the *bleep* is going on!"

kylenkodysmom
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:35 AM
I was in high school. Senior English class. I'll never forget that day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Trying to sleep in b/c it's my b-day. Dh and I were awakened by the phone- my bil telling us to turn on the tv. He is NEVER up at that hr, so we knew it was something major. Turned it on in time to see the 2nd tower hit.

highlandmum
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Driving to school.  The DJ's cut in for the announcement.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:29 AM

I was at my parents' house getting breakfast for my then 14-month-old son. We were building our house (had 2 months until move in) and staying with my parents for the last few months of the process, after our previous apartment's lease was up. I was the only adult home. I turned on the TV and then started calling all of my family members.

I had to go pick out flooring that day for our builder, which seemed very mundane and almost disrespectful. There were TVs at the place near the customer service line and several customers and I stood in shock as we watched the first tower fall. I left and heard about the second one later.

My sister and her husband were leaving for a vacation that day (flying) and as the PA. field crash story emerged and names were named I heard my brother-in-law's name as one of the dead. It ended up being someone with the same name and not my BIL, but those were some scary, frantic moments trying to get in touch with them and find out what was going on!

momofjkkc
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Visiting my Gramma in another state. We were sleeping when my husband called and told us to turn the tv.
steelcage
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:58 AM

At home (homeschooled) and still asleep. I was like 12-13 years old. My dad woke me up, said there was a terrorist attack in New York, I went into the living room in time to see the second plane hit. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)