Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

I jinxed her!

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:15 PM
  • 28 Replies

I replied to the left item spin off yesterday and said that dd has been much more responsible with her things this year. Well, today, she forgot her math workbook so she cannot do her homework. She didn't tell me until we were already on the freeway so she is grounded from the computer tonight and will have to take the consequence of not having her math homework to turn in tomorrow. She is not happy with me but, I have hope that this will help her to remember it. I refuse to have her forget as many things as she did last year. She should have this down by now as a 3rd grader. 

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I think they'll all forget things at some point.  Hopefully she wont make it a habit again

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

She forgot and lost so many things last year but I just put it on it being her first brick and mortar school experience. The school is 21.5 miles away from our house. I can't be turning around and going back. She knows that she has math homework daily so she needed to make sure to have the workbook! I know that it's going to happen but she is also going to have consequences when it comes to homework. If she forgets her jacket or mittens, lunch box, etc. she won't have punishments. Homework is too important for her to not have a consequence. 

Quoting Pukalani79:

I think they'll all forget things at some point.  Hopefully she wont make it a habit again

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Bump
Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I absolutely agree with the consequences.

Quoting momtoBrenna:

She forgot and lost so many things last year but I just put it on it being her first brick and mortar school experience. The school is 21.5 miles away from our house. I can't be turning around and going back. She knows that she has math homework daily so she needed to make sure to have the workbook! I know that it's going to happen but she is also going to have consequences when it comes to homework. If she forgets her jacket or mittens, lunch box, etc. she won't have punishments. Homework is too important for her to not have a consequence. 

Quoting Pukalani79:

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

We've all been there.  I aways feel terrible refusing to go get their forgotten work, yet I now that it is for the best.  I had to drive to the school pretty much every afternoon for forgotten homework when my oldest was in first grade.

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks ladies, I don't necessarily feel bad because I know that it is best for her but her school is advanced and she is going to fall behind if she doesn't keep up with her homework. They never send busy work, it is all meaningful reinforcement and writing assignments. She claims that she will have time to complete it before her teacher collects it but I doubt it. 

meam4444
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh no!

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 5:17 PM

She will have to learn to remember, lol. 

Quoting meam4444:

Oh no!

dancingthrulife
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

i'm not the most oriented person in town and my 9 year old is the same..but i will leave things i need like phycial forms in my date book in my purse on purpose so i have them when i take them to soccer sign up or school or whatever..but i tell her all the time..leave your homework on your desk. keep your desk clear of other things and keep it neat. she had a homework package. this way on friday morning she could go and get it and be done. 2nd and 3rd grade she forgot alot of homework package. my notes to her teachers, persissiom slips. and things from the school i needed to see. now i check her bag. it was horriable. she is in 4th now. and has homework to return daily. so far so good. but i usally get up with her and her sisiter and ask if they have everything..

AMY
BF mama to 4...Ivy-Rose 9 Arwinn 7 Lily-Anna 2 and Clara 12 months old. ~~~~~
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I asked her when she gets in the van and she said that she had everything. Then, after we got on the freeway, she remembered that she didn't have it. It is a 43 mi round trip to her school so she has to remember her stuff! The math homework counts towards her grade so she needs to have it done. 

Quoting dancingthrulife:

i'm not the most oriented person in town and my 9 year old is the same..but i will leave things i need like phycial forms in my date book in my purse on purpose so i have them when i take them to soccer sign up or school or whatever..but i tell her all the time..leave your homework on your desk. keep your desk clear of other things and keep it neat. she had a homework package. this way on friday morning she could go and get it and be done. 2nd and 3rd grade she forgot alot of homework package. my notes to her teachers, persissiom slips. and things from the school i needed to see. now i check her bag. it was horriable. she is in 4th now. and has homework to return daily. so far so good. but i usally get up with her and her sisiter and ask if they have everything..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)