Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The school isn't following dd food diet update update #2 update #3

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:42 AM
  • 111 Replies
I send dd lunch everyday to avoid any allergic reactions and I feed her breakfast. yesterday I forgot to send her almond milk yes that was my fault but that doesn't mean they get to go against her food diet and give her milk anyways dd was very upset about it.
She than tells me she's been eating breakfast atty school and they have been giving get juice which is also in get food diet she can't have it.
I'm not even sure where I should start to resolve this problem. When I talked to the school nurse at the beginning of the year she told me dd wouldn't be given these foods there would be a block on her lunch card when scanned.

Edit: I couldn't edit this since I was at work all day we aren't allowed to have cell phones in the building at all. Its not that I don't want her to have these items ours that she's allergic to milk, wheat and cannot have 100% juice at all. Her Dr doesn't even know why she reacts to juice he said its best to just avoid all juice she also can't have most fruits. She had been allergic to milk since she was a newborn andwe found out she was allergic to wheat at about a year old when she really started eating more foods. The school nurse its the one in charge of food diets she Daly out told me she wasn't going to do anything until the Dr sends yet another form about what she can and cannot have. I have already talked to the teacher on the 3rd day of school she asked me to send a paper with foods dd can and cannot have, she's bit in the lunch room with the kids when they eat lunch. I do expect them to follow her food diet that's there job, when the nurse tells me she's not going to follow it and have the ladies in the lunch room give her what's on the menu its completely uncalled for they could kill her over it. And to the mom that said its not possible to be able to have juice drinks but not 100% juice just shut up you have no idea what your talking about.

Edit #2

Since most of you don't know or don't care to read. I have already provided all required forms by me and her Dr before school started. Since the nurse was refusing to follow the form provided by me and her Dr, I called the Dr again and asked for the Dr to send over the forms to the school again. Which he did do my dd drs nurse is very good at sending the forms over to the school and mailing or giving me a copy they fax it to the school than calls and lets me know when its done even if I don't answer she leaves a voicemail. I could care less if the lunch ladies have 2000 kids they need and have to be way more careful with my dd and her food allergies. I an asking for a504 plan and they will give me one our I will contact someone higher up.

What part exactly from my OP did you not understand I send her lunch everyday why? cuz I don't trust other people to follow dd food diet and to just simply not give her anything with milk, wheat, or juice in it, it's really not that hard.

Update #3 I talked to the nurse again today to make sure she got the paperwork from dd Dr she did. They took a picture of dd for the lunch ladies and put on there what's she is allergic to. I asked about getting a 504 plan and was told they don't give them for kids with food allergies and dd can't get one. I was told there are to many kids at the school for them to keep track what dd is given. I told them that was a completely unacceptable excuse. And if there unable to keep up I wouldn't have a choice but to talk to someone over the school.
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:44 AM
8 moms liked this

I'm confused.  IF your daughter KNOWS that she isn't supposed to eat/drink certain foods, then WHY is she doing/taking it!?

Peachy34500
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
How old is your DD.. I would teach her that its okay to speak up and tell them that she's not allowed to have juice or milk etc.. why is she buying breakfast if she ate at home?
MommyO2-6631
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM
I would first talk to the teacher or administrator and they'll probably bring in the cafeteria manager. At my moms school a parent has to physically go to the cafeteria to have the manager put a flag on the account. They don't get lists from the nurse or office.
kcook55
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:57 AM
She's 5 in kindergarten she stayed crying when I was asking her about it apparently my ds was involved in it as well. breakfast is free for all students. She is most likely confused on the juice she can have juice if its not 100% juice. I did explain to her today she can't eat breakfast at school since it will make get sick and she eats at home. And she does know what she can and can't have she told me since it was strawberry milk she thought it was ok.

Quoting Peachy34500:

How old is your DD.. I would teach her that its okay to speak up and tell them that she's not allowed to have juice or milk etc.. why is she buying breakfast if she ate at home?
kcook55
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:58 AM
cuz she's 5 and we all know 5 yr Olds don't always listen

Quoting mjande4:

I'm confused.  IF your daughter KNOWS that she isn't supposed to eat/drink certain foods, then WHY is she doing/taking it!?

Aamy
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:01 AM

So because she is on a special diet and you forgot something for her, what are they supposed to give her?? Are they supposed to have a stash of special foods on hand just for her?? Why didnt she just get water?

happymommy1105
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:01 AM
2 moms liked this

by 5 she know what she can and cannot eat.  my 7 year old knew by then. 

Just flat out tell her, you eat breakfast at home, you don't need two breakfasts.  Mommy sends your lunch to school- there is no need for you to purchase anything from the school.  Only eat what mommy gives you.  

Since she can't keep track.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:05 AM

This.

Quoting happymommy1105:

by 5 she know what she can and cannot eat.  my 7 year old knew by then. 

Just flat out tell her, you eat breakfast at home, you don't need two breakfasts.  Mommy sends your lunch to school- there is no need for you to purchase anything from the school.  Only eat what mommy gives you.  

Since she can't keep track.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:11 AM
is she allergic?Or food you don't want her to have?Why can't she drink 100% juice?

kcook55
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:33 AM
That's what I don't understand why want she given water the kids are supposed to have access to water any time she wants it. BMP I don't expect them to have special foods for her that's the point of me sending her lunch and feeding her at home to avoid this. The school nurse couldn't tell me why she wasn't given water dd loves water

Quoting Aamy:

So because she is on a special diet and you forgot something for her, what are they supposed to give her?? Are they supposed to have a stash of special foods on hand just for her?? Why didnt she just get water?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)