Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

??QOTD?? 9/16/13

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:09 AM
  • 28 Replies

When you were a teen, what did you want to change about your appearance?

NOW, what do you want to change about your appearance?

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmybug
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:18 AM
I've always disliked my nose. But, I've come to realize that your appearance really means nothing. I mean, I make it a point to 'clean up' every day, and I love dressing up for any reason. And I can't turn down a flirty dress, I just honestly don't care what you look like as long as you are respectful to me, I'll probably like you. :) if I take away my nose, which I inherited from my Mother, I'd be taking away from who I am. So, crooked, bump and all, I like my nose. I wouldn't change it. Or anything about who I've become. I have overcome a lot in my life, and now I'm a strong, independent woman, who is always learning by experience. :) our flaws make us who we are. And no one is perfect.
jaytee
by Jen on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:16 AM
When I was a teen I wanted to change everything!!

Now I'd just like boobs :D
steelcage
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Teen: Braces off, hair straight instead of curly, eyebrows done, and wanted to wear makeup. I had a complete Princess Diaries style transformation and about knocked everyone on their ass when I walked through the door.

Now: Lose weight and do something about my god-awful hair

CafeMom Tickers

SAHM of Abbey (6), Charlie (5), and Nathan (Due Oct. 24). Wife of 7 years to Joe.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:43 AM
2 moms liked this

When I was a teen, I wanted bigger boobs.  Now I want smaller boobs.  Love the irony, don't you?

mommaFruFru
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:35 AM
When I was a teen I wanted to loose weight...

Now id kill to br back at that weight!!
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:46 AM

It's the same now as it was then- my overbite. I had braces for 3 yrs, but it was bad enough that they could only do so much. Anything more will require surgery. Back then, the thought of it terrified me. Now, after how awful I felt after the anesthesia when I had sinus surgery, I just can't quite convince myself it's worth feeling that bad again.

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I wanted to straightened my hair, because I use to get teased about having "nappy" hair.

urbpro
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:31 AM

OMG, this is mine too, lol! I wanted boobs so bad in high school and now they just get in my way :o)

Quoting steelcrazy:

When I was a teen, I wanted bigger boobs.  Now I want smaller boobs.  Love the irony, don't you?

LadyAmaranth
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Weight...both times.

I wasn't heavy in my teen years but I have a pear shape and a grandma who always commented on my weight and such. And mom wanted me to wear a girdle cuz my bum wiggled when I walked.

Mom was heavy and battled weight so it's one of those generational issues you get pounded with and it sticks with ya.

Dodie702
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I thought I was too fat. Now I look back and realize how stupid I was being. I looked great. I can't wait till I get back down to the size I was when I was a teenager.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN