Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

??QOTD?? 9/16/13

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:09 AM
  • 28 Replies

When you were a teen, what did you want to change about your appearance?

NOW, what do you want to change about your appearance?

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmybug
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:18 AM
I've always disliked my nose. But, I've come to realize that your appearance really means nothing. I mean, I make it a point to 'clean up' every day, and I love dressing up for any reason. And I can't turn down a flirty dress, I just honestly don't care what you look like as long as you are respectful to me, I'll probably like you. :) if I take away my nose, which I inherited from my Mother, I'd be taking away from who I am. So, crooked, bump and all, I like my nose. I wouldn't change it. Or anything about who I've become. I have overcome a lot in my life, and now I'm a strong, independent woman, who is always learning by experience. :) our flaws make us who we are. And no one is perfect.
jaytee
by Jen on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:16 AM
When I was a teen I wanted to change everything!!

Now I'd just like boobs :D
steelcage
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Teen: Braces off, hair straight instead of curly, eyebrows done, and wanted to wear makeup. I had a complete Princess Diaries style transformation and about knocked everyone on their ass when I walked through the door.

Now: Lose weight and do something about my god-awful hair

CafeMom Tickers

SAHM of Abbey (6), Charlie (5), and Nathan (Due Oct. 24). Wife of 7 years to Joe.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:43 AM
2 moms liked this

When I was a teen, I wanted bigger boobs.  Now I want smaller boobs.  Love the irony, don't you?

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:35 AM
When I was a teen I wanted to loose weight...

Now id kill to br back at that weight!!
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:46 AM

It's the same now as it was then- my overbite. I had braces for 3 yrs, but it was bad enough that they could only do so much. Anything more will require surgery. Back then, the thought of it terrified me. Now, after how awful I felt after the anesthesia when I had sinus surgery, I just can't quite convince myself it's worth feeling that bad again.

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I wanted to straightened my hair, because I use to get teased about having "nappy" hair.

urbpro
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:31 AM

OMG, this is mine too, lol! I wanted boobs so bad in high school and now they just get in my way :o)

Quoting steelcrazy:

When I was a teen, I wanted bigger boobs.  Now I want smaller boobs.  Love the irony, don't you?

LadyAmaranth
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Weight...both times.

I wasn't heavy in my teen years but I have a pear shape and a grandma who always commented on my weight and such. And mom wanted me to wear a girdle cuz my bum wiggled when I walked.

Mom was heavy and battled weight so it's one of those generational issues you get pounded with and it sticks with ya.

Dodie702
by Doriane on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I thought I was too fat. Now I look back and realize how stupid I was being. I looked great. I can't wait till I get back down to the size I was when I was a teenager.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)