Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Should I be concerned? Kinder behavior

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:25 PM
  • 16 Replies

So... I got a call from the principal today..  My kindergartener mooned her friends at recess today. At first I was horified, then found it somewhat amusing. The principal said she was very upset that she had to go to his office. She wouldn't give me any details but was very embarrased and ashamed. I'm sure she learned her lesson. 

I imagine it was some kind of impulsive thing she did, and wasn't really thinking. She just turned 5... But should I be more concerned or take it more seriously??

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:27 PM

If it is a first time thing and she seems to have learned her lesson, I would let it go for now.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I second this.

Quoting steelcrazy:

If it is a first time thing and she seems to have learned her lesson, I would let it go for now.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I agree for first offense talk about not revealing your bottom to people and leave it at that.  I am sure the trip to principal was enough for her to learn lesson.

soymujer
by Mikki on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I wouldn't make a big deal unless it keeps happening.

family in the van   Mom of four

Dodie702
by Doriane on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I would just have a talk with her about how important it is to keep her clothes on at school, but that is hilarious!
urbpro
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG, my kids moon each other at home all the time!!! I would die if they did it at school but would not be surprised at all, lol. She has probably learned her lesson but just reiterate that she cannot do that at school or in public :o) Totally hilarious :o)

ariel08
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Thanks ladies! It was totally her first offense. My mom started asking a ton of questions about it, and got me wondering if I shouldn't be just laughing it off (DD even tears up if I start mentioning it, she learned her lesson!) 

And to think, I JUST got my 2 year old DD to stop peeing in the yard on occasion!

kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry but that's funny. Kids r so impulsive. I'm Sure if she learned her lesson it was anyone time thing and it was punishment enough to go to then principals office.
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Just tell her its not appropiate outside of home.
sammyreymom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I agree, if it is a first time thing, I wouldn't be too concerned.  Maybe a little sit down as to why it happened.  Unfortunately, back in kindergarten the girls in my dd class did the same thing.  The Principal had a rotating door for our class, my dd included a couple of times for things that I would not have expected.  Luckily they outgrow it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN