Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What are some girlie or princess books that your child enjoys?  I need some author names please.....THANKS!

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Replies (21-30):
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Some great recommendations for my first grader =)
rHOPEb
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:17 AM

That's why I'd like some authors.  She LOVES princess stories.  I'd really like a chapter book with a princess in it to read to her and maybe some easy readers for her as well.  We can't just go to the "Princess Section" of the library.....tho that would be great :)

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Have you taken her to the library, to expand her selection of reading? 

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

It's not princess, but the Cam Jansen series by David Adler could be fun to read together. Cam is a 5th gr girl w/ a photographic memory who solves mysteries. Don't let Cam's age fool you- the books are on an easier reading level.

There are all sorts of easy-reader books now for Pinkalious, Barbie, just about anything Disney, Littlest Pet Shop. . .

When all else fails, ask your friendly children's librarian. He/she will be able to help you find all sorts of choices.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd has Nancy Clancy, same author and the girl looks the same.. Wonder if they go together. I have never heard of Fancy Nancy. I posted a pic of the Nancy Clancy on here.

Quoting frndlyfn:

ok  Have you tried Fancy Nancy By Jane O'Connor

Fancy Nancy: Budding Ballerina

SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I meant expand beyond princess, I just have an issue with the grammer issues in the fairy books that are currently popular.

Quoting rHOPEb:

That's why I'd like some authors.  She LOVES princess stories.  I'd really like a chapter book with a princess in it to read to her and maybe some easy readers for her as well.  We can't just go to the "Princess Section" of the library.....tho that would be great :)

Quoting SweetPea2004:

rHOPEb
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:52 AM

OH!  Yes, we do.  We have quite a HUGE library at home.  But my mom has been taking her to the public library every other week or so to get "new" books.  And she's just on a princess theme right now.  I have NO clue why.  NOT fairies tho.  And she will watch any movie and listen to any story that has a princess in it (or a girl that "could be" a princess).  She doesn't like the Babysitters Club books that I have or the Frog & Toad chapter books.  I thought maybe if there was a "princess" one she would want to hear it.

I like to do the theme of the letter or number we are learning for the week, but she's bored with those.  She's reading some on her own too (the short level 1 books).  I've tried doing the season too.....so right now its turning into fall, so I'm trying to do pumpkins and other "fall" readings.  

She just gets on these themes and won't get off of them for a while.  She went thru the Pinkalicious phase, the Llama Llama phase, the "If you give a mouse/moose/cat/etc...." phase, and now its "Princess"  

Quoting SweetPea2004:

I meant expand beyond princess, I just have an issue with the grammer issues in the fairy books that are currently popula

Quoting rHOPEb:

Quoting SweetPea2004:

SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I love non traditional princess stories this list looks interesting http://www.amazon.com/unconventional-princess-picture-books-kids/lm/R2RY1DMTOD8FIN

is she into fairy tales? That is a section in the library, dd loves Chris Colfers book 

Quoting rHOPEb:

OH!  Yes, we do.  We have quite a HUGE library at home.  But my mom has been taking her to the public library every other week or so to get "new" books.  And she's just on a princess theme right now.  I have NO clue why.  NOT fairies tho.  And she will watch any movie and listen to any story that has a princess in it (or a girl that "could be" a princess).  She doesn't like the Babysitters Club books that I have or the Frog & Toad chapter books.  I thought maybe if there was a "princess" one she would want to hear it.

I like to do the theme of the letter or number we are learning for the week, but she's bored with those.  She's reading some on her own too (the short level 1 books).  I've tried doing the season too.....so right now its turning into fall, so I'm trying to do pumpkins and other "fall" readings.  

She just gets on these themes and won't get off of them for a while.  She went thru the Pinkalicious phase, the Llama Llama phase, the "If you give a mouse/moose/cat/etc...." phase, and now its "Princess"  

Quoting SweetPea2004:

I meant expand beyond princess, I just have an issue with the grammer issues in the fairy books that are currently popula

Quoting rHOPEb:

Quoting SweetPea2004:

CafeMom Tickers
TonyaLea
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

How about a classic: The little princess, or the secret garden.  Neither are really princesses, but both are chapter books and girly.  I used to love them when I was little.  

brooke_819
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

fancy nancy series, not sure of authors name off hand but she has everything from the hard cover big books, paperbacks for parent's to read & then the learning to read step 1,2 and so on depending on child's age/reading level. -- same with pinkalicious, barbie, lalaloopsy & disney princess. Angelina Ballerina, Olivia, bernstein bears, arthur -- we find most at the local library.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)