Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

hes been moved 3x in less then 2weeks

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:26 PM
  • 21 Replies
Ds started kinder on sept. 3rd, this is the begining of the 3rd week of school and i get a note today asking if i could call his teacher to set up a conference. So i called her and she informed me she has had to move ds 3 times already becuase of his talking, non of his work is ever completed cuz he wont stop talking, the other kids are asking him to stop and he wont. Everyday he brings home a chart that has either a green, yellow, or red stamp (green=good yellow=had warnings red=bad day) i know hes been having problems cuz everyday hes had either a yellow or red beside for 4 maybe 5days. i talked to him take things away try a earlier bed time and nothing has helped.. any advice?????
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Start taking away things that he likes at home.  No TV/computer/game time.  Make sure that he is getting plenty of exercise and reinforce the school rules at home.

kryjen
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Ds had that issue, or something similar anyway, last year.  So what we did was work with his teacher for school consequences and gave home ones too.  He lost things at home for red days, like no t.v./computer/games.  He lost toys, the chance for sleepovers, the chance to go places, etc.  If he was on red for more than one day in a week, the consequences escalated.  He'd lose toys, go to bed early, basically be in time out all night, etc.  He cleaned up his act really quickly.  Between losing free time at school and his loved things at home, he decided he needed to work at fixing his issues.  Find out what motivates your kid and use it.  Good luck!

mlb456
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I do take things away as a matter of fact his i-pad (i didnt buy his dad did) and t.v he can no longer havr til thur. i made him do some extra "homework" i have worksheet books for his age. AND i told him since he cant stop talking in class he had to be quite during dinner and he couldnt do that. it was a constant reminder shh no talking..

Quoting mjande4:

Start taking away things that he likes at home.  No TV/computer/game time.  Make sure that he is getting plenty of exercise and reinforce the school rules at home.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Don't forget to be consistant with your disipline, meaning that you need to punish in the same way for a month before you determine if it is really working or not.  Trying something once or twice will never have any impact on your child's behavior.

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Maybe ask to have a little note stuck to his desk.
DS has a little note taped to his desk that says no blurting because he'll just yell an answer or start talking but that visual reminder helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlb456
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Its always the ipad gets taken first (his world ends) and from his atittude after that other things either get taken or an early bedtime.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Don't forget to be consistant with your disipline, meaning that you need to punish in the same way for a month before you determine if it is really working or not.  Trying something once or twice will never have any impact on your child's behavior.

mlb456
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Thats a GREAT idea since alot of times if you remind him he will be ok for a while, sometimes. BUT hes just starting in sounding words out so idk how much that would help.

Quoting snowangel1979:

DS has a little note taped to his desk that says no blurting because he'll just yell an answer or start talking but that visual reminder helps.
kryjen
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Maybe make something visual and ask to have it taped to his desk.  They do that a lot for special Ed kids, it's like a face with their hands over their mouth that's says quiet mouth on it.  Talk about it ahead of time so he knows what it means and why it is there.

Quoting mlb456:

Thats a GREAT idea since alot of times if you remind him he will be ok for a while, sometimes. BUT hes just starting in sounding words out so idk how much that would help.

Quoting snowangel1979:

bellasmommy1988
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter is the same exact way. We actually get happy when she comes home with a yellow cause she usually comes home with red. Her teacher figured out if she puts headphone on my daughter she will sit still and finish her work during quiet time. Also Ask the teacher if their is an aid in the room and see if the aid can do some one on one time with him to get his work finsihed.

momofjkkc
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 4:03 AM
My sons old school did the color card thing. We told him in kindergarten anything other than green is unacceptable. He is now in 6th grade and has never had to move a card accept the one time in 4th grade he forgot to move his.lunch card to hot lunch (he always brought his lunch).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)