Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a school without a pta?

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM
  • 146 Replies
I have never heard of a school without a pta.
My nephews school is not going to have one this year. I was told that it is due to lack of volunteers and board members. I think thats very unfortunate. The school could greatly benefit from and active pta.
On the bright side I am so busy this month at my sons school I guess it kinda works out.

Does your childs school have a pta? Are/have you been a volunteer or a board member?
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almburr
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Our school has never had one.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Our school has one.
momofjkkc
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Quoting almburr:

Our school has never had one.

Really? Why not? Do they still do fundraisers and stuff?
momofjkkc
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting diaperstodating:

Our school has one.

Do you volunteer?
EndlessMom
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Our school has one and yes I volunteer as much as I can but that is limited due to my disability. I mainly bake and cook for them.

almburr
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't know the reason why we don't. Yes we have fund raisers. Jrs sell magazines to pay for prom. Band and music sells food items and they have a dinner theater that is a big money maker.
Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Yes ours does. I help when I can. I have never been able to go to a meeting. I don't have a car and for a while I could never find anyone to watch the girls for when I needed to go. But know they have babysitting there and still have not been able to go. By the time I get the daycare leave and I can get the girls feed. It is time that that it has started. 

But I help out with what I can at school functions, popcorn day, and at school too.

momofjkkc
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Quoting almburr:

I don't know the reason why we don't. Yes we have fund raisers. Jrs sell magazines to pay for prom. Band and music sells food items and they have a dinner theater that is a big money maker.

That's good. Lol I was in choir in high school and my teacher made us be singing waitresses for a.dinner and a show fundraiser. Ugh I hated it. But I guess we made money.
momofjkkc
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Quoting Raeann11:

Yes ours does. I help when I can. I have never been able to go to a meeting. I don't have a car and for a while I could never find anyone to watch the girls for when I needed to go. But know they have babysitting there and still have not been able to go. By the time I get the daycare leave and I can get the girls feed. It is time that that it has started. 

But I help out with what I can at school functions, popcorn day, and at school too.

I was in charge of the popcorn commitee one year. Funny thing is I can't stand the smell of buttered popcorn. But it was fun. I got to see my boy when I delivered the bags to his class. And he liked it.
Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I love it too. I go and have lunch with my daughter and start the popcorn. She loves when she comes down with her class to get popcorn and gets to see me. When she gets out. I am cleaning up and she gets to hang out for a bit with her friends.

Quoting momofjkkc:

Quoting Raeann11:

I was in charge of the popcorn commitee one year. Funny thing is I can't stand the smell of buttered popcorn. But it was fun. I got to see my boy when I delivered the bags to his class. And he liked it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)