Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Smoking at bus stop!!

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:06 PM
  • 48 Replies

Every morning when I take my kindergartner and 5th grader to the bus stop there is at LEAST one parent smoking, and making no effort to keep any kind of distance from the kids! Don't get me wrong... I am a smoker as well, but really people?!?! You can't wait 10 minutes for the bus to pick up the kids to light your cigarette?

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bzzybeemomof3
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I smoke at the bus stop. But my kids are the only kids there. And they stand at the stop sign and I would stand away from them just like anywhere else I smoke.

My 11 yr old DD now does the bus stop with my 5 yr old though. I stay home. Lol
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:46 PM
2 moms liked this

As much as I would prefer people not smoke around my kids, I know it is going to happen sometimes. The only time I say anything is if it's a group of teens smoking, and then I don't actually "say" something- I walk by doing a loud, exaggerated cough while obviously waving the smoke away from my face.

ladyraven16
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I'm not a smoker and that wouldn't bother me at all. You're outside!
EndlessMom
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:10 PM

That sucks. Our area a bus stop is considered part of the school property and smoking is not allowed. I have seen the police come out to the high schoolers and tell them to knock it off.

blessedmom1978
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:17 PM
2 moms liked this

Seriously, Wait to you get home!

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:38 PM
4 moms liked this

If it bothers you that much, then do the adult thing and SAY SOMETHING.

Just be polite and say how you don't think they should be smoking around the kids.

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Are you concerned for health reasons? Or are you concerned because of the message it sends?

mmtosam06
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:24 AM
2 moms liked this
Being that my daughter is completely allergic and sensitive to smoke yeah you will hear her tell me mom they're smoking and it stinks and because of it I will speak up. She doesn't need to go to school coughing up a lung because you cant wait
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NovaChick26
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:41 AM
3 moms liked this

I agree if people want to smoke thats their business but dont be rude and inflict it on kids or people who choose not to smoke.

mlb456
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:49 AM
The other morning before we left to go to the bus stop he was fine but once we get down there this guy was smoking a rolled up cig. and it was a sweet smell (making my stomach hurt) so i was about to tell ds to walk down a little with me but before the words came outta my mouth he goes mom im going to throw up and the second he said it the threw up :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN