Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

I wanted to get opinions from those who had their kids get the flu mist , how did you kids react to it did they like it better than the flu shot? My DD is 6 and this past year shes decided shes now terrified of needles so Im trying to figure out if the mist would work better.

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Replies (51-52):
oaron5555
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I would expect an MD to say that.  I do not like to give my children preventative treatments.  I would rather let the natural process happen and if they get the flu then so be it.  To each their own I suppose:)

Quoting jamiebell:

My pedi told me that unless there is a medical reason to get it, basically all the shot is going to do is "maybe" prevent a visit to him in Feb.

Quoting oaron5555:

I was thinking the same thing:)  Yikes, don't give your kids unnecessary medicines.  All these preventative shots doctors push on people freak me out and I don't give them to my kids either.

Quoting Cozie_Sisika458:

I don't poison my kids with that crap and we have never got the flu. I hear people who get the flu shot they get the flu.

thaoneshya
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM
My 7year old daughter has gotten the mist for a few years had no reactions and no flu....she likes it better than a needle.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)