Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Are you going to take a Family vacation during this school year?

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:29 PM
  • 84 Replies

Are you?

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:22 PM

We're hoping to.  DD and I already did two vacations this year so it's highly unlikely that we'll go somewhere before next summer but I keep hoping.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I hope to.  We moved this summer when I left my husband so things have been tight with setting up the new home.  I've started a vacation fund though and really hope to take them somewhere fun during the school year.

Luckily, we were able to enjoy a nice 'staycation' one week this summer.

Fields456
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:32 PM

yup and i am working on booking the plane tickets now.   my parents just bought a second home in montana so I am going up there with the kids in january

Cmgmqmmom
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:32 PM

We try not to take the kids out of school for a vacation, but in the spring, my husband will be traveling to Hawaii for work and I think we will be tagging along regardless of if they miss school or not.

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Possibly.

DH wants to move up north eventually but I want him to take me up there during the winter. So I can see what It's like. LOL.
We also have some business we need to take care off while we are up there which will have to be a M-F non-holiday time.

I'm going to see how the school year goes though first and try to make it towards the end of a marking period, so I know where he stands grade and absence wise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with trying to not take kids out of school for vacation, but for this reason I would!

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

We try not to take the kids out of school for a vacation, but in the spring, my husband will be traveling to Hawaii for work and I think we will be tagging along regardless of if they miss school or not.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:57 PM

We may take them out for a day or two, but beyond that I really try to not take them out of school.

BatMom.
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:04 PM
We'll be going out of town for a few days, but for an out-of-state doctor's appointment for my Son. We'll be doing some shopping and visiting museums and other educational places while we're there.
So, technically, it's a mini vacation and field trip, on top of an important trip.
mickstinator
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:05 PM

We are considering a cruise over spring break for our 5 year anniversary. Other than that, just our typical summer vacation to the beach.

JonesMama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Not really a vacation, but we are taking ds out of school for 2 days next month...a Thurs. & Fri. My fil is getting married that Saturday and dh is the best man. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)