Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Fall Break??

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:52 PM
  • 30 Replies

Talking to this single dad from church & he tells me his boys have the last week in October off of school. They live in Michigan, we live in Ohio. I just asked if they are on fall break or something. But I have never heard of this! I know there is winter break (usually around Christmas) & spring break. But I have never heard of fall break (which he just confirmed it is fall break).

Anyone have this in their area? What area do you live in?

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DaisyRae
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I live in Indiana and while we dont have it here in our District, I know that other areas do. Kentucky, Texas and Florida all have it (we have lived in each of those states). I guess it is fairly common. 

Angelanscalf89
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I live in michigan and I have never heard of this....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I live in Texas and we don't have a Fall break per say but they do get the entire week of Thanksgiving off.  Back when I was in school (a VERY long time ago) we got out early the Wednesday before and then had Thursday and Friday off. 

CampClan
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Yeah we have that too but we call it Thanksgiving Break. LOL

Quoting Txlisa7969:

I live in Texas and we don't have a Fall break per say but they do get the entire week of Thanksgiving off.  Back when I was in school (a VERY long time ago) we got out early the Wednesday before and then had Thursday and Friday off. 

GwenMB
by Gwen on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:17 PM

In MN, we get a 4 day weekend in October for the teachers to go to a teachers conference (many of them don't go, though).  I've never thought of it as a fall break, but it is one.

For the last 20 years, my grandma, aunts & I did a ladies weekend for that weekend (my sisters & cousins have started joining us the last couple years).

CampClan
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Hmmmm not quite sure where this guy's boys live but we live in central Ohio & he says it's a 3 hour drive up there to get them.

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM
we live in southern indiana and get 2 weeks off for fall break.

My sdd lives in ky and only gets 2 days off :)

Quoting DaisyRae:

I live in Indiana and while we dont have it here in our District, I know that other areas do. Kentucky, Texas and Florida all have it (we have lived in each of those states). I guess it is fairly common. 

motherslove82
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

We get a week  in October, a week in November (for Thanksgiving), two weeks in December, 1.5 weeks in February and a week in April. They call it year round school. I love it.

Angelanscalf89
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Idk I live in metro detroit Im approximately 3 hours from toledo.

Quoting CampClan:

Hmmmm not quite sure where this guy's boys live but we live in central Ohio & he says it's a 3 hour drive up there to get them.

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovingmommy4316
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM
I live in Georgia and we have... fall break, thanksgiving break, Christmas break,winter break( February ), and spring break.
I am like. Wtf ? All we had was thanksgiving,Christmas,and spring break !
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN