Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Talking to this single dad from church & he tells me his boys have the last week in October off of school. They live in Michigan, we live in Ohio. I just asked if they are on fall break or something. But I have never heard of this! I know there is winter break (usually around Christmas) & spring break. But I have never heard of fall break (which he just confirmed it is fall break).

Anyone have this in their area? What area do you live in?

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Same here. My kids get Thanksgiving "break" (I use that loosely), Christmas (winter) break, mid-winter break, and spring break.

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

I live in michigan and I have never heard of this....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NidanLady
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I live in Los Angeles and we have a Fall break/retreat week October 14th - 18th. Kids can just take the week off or go on class trips.

Mrs.Vallo
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I live in Michigan And I have never heard of this either.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:13 PM

We have Thanksgiving/buck season break, Christmas break, and Easter break.  The first day of buck season in PA is the Monday after Thanksgiving so our schools are closed Thanksgiving through the following Tuesday.

CheyG
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I also live in Indiana and our district and the ones around us do a fall break. Idk why some do and some don't.

Quoting DaisyRae:

I live in Indiana and while we dont have it here in our District, I know that other areas do. Kentucky, Texas and Florida all have it (we have lived in each of those states). I guess it is fairly common. 

dmom27
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM

We live in California.  Fall break is usually the week of Thanksgiving.  We also have winter break around Christmas, and spring break around Easter.

DaisyRae
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I dont know why either. I think it should be the same all around. I like the idea of having a fall break around Thanksgiving, even if there is winter break in a month for Christmas into the New Year celebration. Its chaos over the holidays as it is. 

Quoting CheyG:

I also live in Indiana and our district and the ones around us do a fall break. Idk why some do and some don't.

Quoting DaisyRae:

I live in Indiana and while we dont have it here in our District, I know that other areas do. Kentucky, Texas and Florida all have it (we have lived in each of those states). I guess it is fairly common. 

balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:41 PM

We are in Denver. My older 2 are in public school and they have a fall break the last week of October. My youngest is in a private school. He has all of the Jewish holidays off, so no need for any more days off until Thanksgiving.

meam4444
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:39 AM
We don't have one.
Dodie702
by Doriane on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:19 AM
We don't have fall break here. I've never heard of it either.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN