Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Not for picture day!?!

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:26 PM
  • 9 Replies

My son started kindergarten this year.  Tomorrow, the 20th, is picture day.  Needless to say it is his first time having a school picture taken.  The nurse called me today.  He is fine, but he and another boy bumped heads during recess.  He has a big bruise on his forehead.  I can't believe she said this, but my mom said to use make-up on it!

Make up on a 6 year old boy?  I think not.  They also take pictures in the spring.

It got me thinking, what was the worst injury yours had?

BTW DD is in 2nd grade and has never had anything like this yet.

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Both of my boys have old gashes on their right eyes from different injuries resulting in stitches by age 2! My 1st son ran into a coffee table corner. My 2nd son was dropped on the concrete by my sister the same day my mom died. He had a concussion and his whole right face was swollen. He was 14 months.
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I would just have the picture taken with the bruise.  Some professional companies offer blemish cover ups so maybe air brush that area rather than put on makeup LOL.   DD has had bad scratches everywhere.  No stitches yet just tons of ice packs.

oooomelissaoooo
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:17 PM

LOL this was my DD (k) on her picture day. she fell out of her daddys truck a few days before picture day.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would just have the picture taken with the bruise.  Some professional companies offer blemish cover ups so maybe air brush that area rather than put on makeup LOL.   DD has had bad scratches everywhere.  No stitches yet just tons of ice packs.

mamacam7
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:23 PM

My oldest ds broke his arm at 4 and 4 stitches in his lip at age 6. My 2nd ds had 4 stitches in his knee at 5 and my youngest ds had 3 stitches in the base of his penis at 2 and 2 staples in his head at 3. My daughter has been lucky so far except a terrible yeast infection on her neck that would not go away ( she was a few months old and had torticollis so it was hard to get in there).

Sweets32285
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM

My almost 5 year old stood up in the bathtub, slipped, and busted his chin open.  He was 3 when that happened.  Luckily they were able to glue it.  My 7 year old, I think the worst she had was in Kindergarten, she ran into this thing on the playground at school.  The nurse sent her home after it happened.  They said it knocked her out.

confused0701
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:53 PM

My daughter had a huge scab on her cheek in 1st grade from an allergic reaction to meds.  The photographer actually called me (the phone #was on the envelope we sent in for picture day) asking if I minded if he airbrushed it out, that he didn't want to do it and offend me but didn't want the poor girl having that as her yearbook picture either.  I told him yes and if there was an extra charge to let me know.  But talk to the photographer they may air brush it out.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM

They almost always have a retake day. I would go ahead and take it with the bruise, and yes, maybe a dab of concealer makeup and if you don't like how it turns out, then do retakes.

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. They often have picture make up days. It doesn't look THAT bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN