Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Are you planning to volunteer in your child's school?

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:07 PM
  • 123 Replies

I wish I had time but since I have so much on my plate it is possible to volunteer in my child 's school? Are you planning to volunteer in your child 's school ? 

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Yes.

taz1993
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I do on my off days. Which is only 1 or 2 days a week at most
bellawomen
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I have every year so far and my son is in 4th grade.

I am in nursing school, so my time is really limited between classes and studying. Wednesday is a half day for them and I am off. I usually use that as my errand days, but so far I have been at his school from beginning to end on Wednesdays (4 hours)
SaraBethKY
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:14 PM

I definitely am planning on it. As long as it didn't break any confidentiality rules I would be glad to help struggling students or help the teacher with anything she/he needed. I am a temporarily retired teacher and I already miss being in the classroom. 

AJsMom81507
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I am class mom and I am also on the PTA board, and I go to PTA council meetings .  I am a single mom of 2, I work, but I always make time to volunteer.  I chair the yearbook committe as well as reflections.  I go on all field trips and coordinate all class parties.  I have been doing this since DS started school at 2 years old.

WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I signed up to help out with a couple of class holiday parties for each of my kids. I also signed up to help our durning the 1st grade feild day at my son's school at the end of the year. I figured, I will be attending the event anyway, so I might as well help out. They need help running games and serving food, as it is an all day event.  It will be fun.

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:16 PM
I'm volunteering at parties. I have a 2 year old, so that's the only times she's allowed to come with me.
I'm also on the pta.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janitablue
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I have four more prequisites courses before I apply for nursing school. I know I am going against topic how is nursing school?

Quoting bellawomen:

I have every year so far and my son is in 4th grade.

I am in nursing school, so my time is really limited between classes and studying. Wednesday is a half day for them and I am off. I usually use that as my errand days, but so far I have been at his school from beginning to end on Wednesdays (4 hours)

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I always give my information for volunteering to the teacher but it is up to them whether they need/want it.   

PKOERNER
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:44 PM
I work full time long days so in at work 3 days a week, and go to school
One day a week or every other week I spend I first half of day in SD class, lunch with daughter number one, then last half of day with #2 daughter. It's a tiring day, but it means a lot to them, and I don't think I can keep up on what's going on at school in classroom any other way really.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)