Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

iPads...

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:50 AM
  • 18 Replies
My kids school district gave all the kids iPads that is theirs as long as they are in the district. My kids are 11&8.
I paid the $25 insurance fee that covers if it breaks. Lost our stolen I pay $550...that worries me. My kids are responsible..and take care of stuff..they both have tablets. But..in the mornings before school all the kids drop their bags in line and go play..I'm worried something may happen where they come up missing at that time. I can opt out of letting them bring them home...but it's such a good tool..they will be doing all their homework on them.
Would you allow your child to bring then home?
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SheciaBaby
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Ehh we has something like that here but I think its covered if lost or stolen also. I say that because the girls aunt had hers stolen n SO is going through a lot trying to find the police report n send it to the company and everything
I think I'd just explain to b really careful. If they all have one the chances of it being stolen at school are slim.
SheciaBaby
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:55 AM
*have
VintageWife
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:56 AM
We aren't allowed to opt out of them being at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
agrisham13mom
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Yes, I send my children to a charter school that sends k-2 iPad minis and 3-6 chrome books they belong to them as long as they stay in the school. I paid $30 for insurance and if it gets broken or loss/stolen as long as I file a police report I pay a $60 deductible to fix/replace it. I think it is a great.
NananRaysmom
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Yeah...ours doesn't cover lost out stolen..that's what sucks. It would be hard to pay that $550 if they lose it!!
mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:43 PM

But you return at the end of the year, right?

NananRaysmom
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Right..
And they will get the same one back the beginning of each year

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

But you return at the end of the year, right?

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:35 PM

No I wouldn't allow dd to bring hers home...She is always losing something...I would just find out what apps they are using and she can use mine...

LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:49 PM

My son in kindergarten and they are not aloud to bring IPADS home. The IPAD is better off staying at school.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:22 PM

The elem got ipads for use in school only last yr. I would totally trust ds2 w/ bringing one back and forth if it were required; dd, well, I don't think she'd lose it (although she'd be more likely to), but it would have a greater chance of getting beat up.

The middle schoolers (grades 5-8) have to have laptops/netbooks (either rented from the school or brought from home). Right now it's just 6-8th gr, but I think they are going to include 5th gr soon, if they haven't started this yr. Those go back and forth every day b/c 99% of homework is done on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)