Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

If no one shows at her party

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:28 AM
  • 97 Replies
I sent invites out for my daughters 7th birthday party. She has 30 kids in her class and we invited everyone. I put please RSVP by September 29th there is still 6 days left til then and 11 days until the party but so far no one has RSVP.

I am worried that no one will wen the only ones who come will be her grandparents and dh and I. She is really looking forward to having a party and her friends coming.

My question is for those of you who had a party with low or no turn out how did you handle your child's disappointment. I don't want her feelings to be hurt. She is turning 7.
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:30 AM

People don't RSVP like they should these days. :-(

Rockabella
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:31 AM
I know :/ im hoping maybe a couple people will RSVP last minute or something

I took her to her friends party last year and only two kids from class including my daughter showed up. I hope at least 2-3 kids will show

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

People don't RSVP like they should these days. :-(

emmypaige
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM
We move so much it was a pita to get kids we didn't know to come to the party. One or two would come, but that's it. So we switched to just doing special activities/trips for birthday instead. I hope some kids stop by, but if not try to make the best of it by having a good time.
Rockabella
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I hope even a couple of them show. If it's a pretty low turn out we may not do a party next year and just take her to chuck e cheese or do something else fun like movie theatre or something with her and a friend

Quoting emmypaige:

We move so much it was a pita to get kids we didn't know to come to the party. One or two would come, but that's it. So we switched to just doing special activities/trips for birthday instead. I hope some kids stop by, but if not try to make the best of it by having a good time.

BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I've found that a lot of times people just don't RSVP.  Also you still have 6 days left and you'll probably get some RSVPs on the last day.  If there was a low or no turn out I'd just say it's a really busy time for people right now or we should have had it on a Friday instead of a Monday or whatever and add we'll have to remember that for next year.  Then I'd take her to do something super fun so she won't think too much about it.  If she's anything like my DD she won't be too fazed by any of it.

Rockabella
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM
This is the first birthday party I've done and I didn't realize that some people don't RSVP anymore. I always have to the couple parties I've went to. I figure ill plan for a few kids to show up incase they come but just didn't RSVP.

Quoting BonitaM:

I've found that a lot of times people just don't RSVP.  Also you still have 6 days left and you'll probably get some RSVPs on the last day.  If there was a low or no turn out I'd just say it's a really busy time for people right now or we should have had it on a Friday instead of a Monday or whatever and add we'll have to remember that for next year.  Then I'd take her to do something super fun so she won't think too much about it.  If she's anything like my DD she won't be too fazed by any of it.

neslonturf
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Don't sent invites home with the kids...get the email addresses of the Mommies. THAT's how you get kids to come. Mommies forget this stuff, I know I have forgotten about parties and felt horrible about it. Ask the teacher if she has an email list for the parents, and send out a reminder with your phone number. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

You could also give them a reminder call a day after the RSVPs are due.  Sometimes providing an email address to RSVP to is helpful.

I'm sure that a few kids will attend, I've never heard of a kids party where no one came.  Three or four kids is pretty typical in my experience.

aj23
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I invited the whole class to my sons party at the bowling alley and only one showed up. The only kids his age there were 2 of my nieces and one boy from his class.
My son was just happy to to be at the bowling alley and it didn't phase him thankfully. He had fun with the one kid that did show up.
I never said anything to him about the others who didn't come. He did ask why one of them didn't come and i just told him they had to do something else and couldn't make it and left it at that.
His birthday is at a bad time so I think it's going to be an ongoing problem.
BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Maybe your DD will let you know if any of the kids have said whether or not they'd be able to make it.  DD always comes home with this one can't come, and she said she was coming, and can I invite one more. lol 

Quoting Rockabella:

This is the first birthday party I've done and I didn't realize that some people don't RSVP anymore. I always have to the couple parties I've went to. I figure ill plan for a few kids to show up incase they come but just didn't RSVP.

Quoting BonitaM:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN