Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

A note from the teacher today.

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:05 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

So dd who is 5 yrs old and in SK (second year of kinder ) for Ontario. Well she came home with a note from the teacher today.

The teacher over heard a convo with my dd and another little boy in her class, when they were out for recess.

The little boy told my dd to pull down her pants and show him her bum. As in what the teacher then wrote she heard my dd say " Eww I am not going to do that, that is so innapropriate. Your mom is not going to be happy with you" lol

Thats my girl :) I am so glad she can handle herself and not give into some of the request from otrher kids her age. I have always taught her about good touch and bad touch and innapropriate things from other adults as well as children. I am glad everything I taught her has stuck with her.

Her teacher of course is handling the issue with the little boy on her end. So no worries. Her teacher went on to say she is very proud of my dd for not doing as the boy said, and loved her choice of words.

I am so proud of her. We just baked and frosted some after school special cupcakes :)

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bzzybeemomof3
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:13 PM

BUMP!

debramommyof4
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I am so happy and proud of your dd.  That is awesome that she stood up for herself.

bzzybeemomof3
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks.

I am proud of her too. These are the reasons why I like having those talks with my kids when they are little. So many parents think its too young to talk about that stuff to young kids. But it helps to protect them IMO.

Quoting debramommyof4:

I am so happy and proud of your dd.  That is awesome that she stood up for herself.

lacyd75
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Awesome!!! That's great that she stands up for herself! So many kids now just go with the flow. Even if they know it's inappropriate they just don't say or do anything about it. Thankfully your dd is not one of them!!

jaytee
by Jen on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:41 PM
You should be proud!
k1kelley
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Awesome!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:59 PM

This is a very good example of why you need to talk to your kids about those uncomfortable subject prior to them going to school.  Your dd did good and I am proud of her for standing up for what is right and not giving into the boy.

bzzybeemomof3
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Oh I am very proud of her. I know I am doing a good job and she is listening to me and taking it seriously.

Quoting jaytee:

You should be proud!
bzzybeemomof3
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:48 PM
I have always thought it was very important to teach my kids about this kinda thing. I'm so proud of her and am super happy that she has listened to what I have taught her.

Quoting steelcrazy:

This is a very good example of why you need to talk to your kids about those uncomfortable subject prior to them going to school.  Your dd did good and I am proud of her for standing up for what is right and not giving into the boy.

cjsbmom
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:17 PM

This, exactly. 

Quoting steelcrazy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)