Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Put your kids in a carseat you lazy a**es

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:11 PM
  • 102 Replies
1 mom liked this
I went to pick up my 3&4 year old from preschool today and after I had put my kids into their carseats I noticed 3 different sets of parents put their kids into their cars without carseats. There was 1 car with 4 kids and 2 adults in the back seat, it was a regular 4 door car, it was small. Then another was a surburban and the backseats were full of junk and the 2 year old little boy that was in the car wasnt even able to sit on the acutal seat. Then I saw a 4 year old boy sitting in the front seat of a car, didnt even have a seat belt on. It really bugged me. I wanted to say something but I know how these parents are and I'm not getting into a fight in front of my kids. I just dont understand why its so hard to buy a carseat and make sure your kids are safe but its so easy to get tattoos, ciggarettes, and beer. End vent
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaytee
by Jen on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this
My 5 year old is still in a five point harness seat
BatMom.
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:38 PM
My six year old is still in His 5-point; however, He's getting close to the weight limit, so it won't be for much longer. I'm not looking forward to making the switch to His high-back booster.

Quoting jaytee:

My 5 year old is still in a five point harness seat
twokids0407
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:47 PM
4 moms liked this
I would tell the preschool. If that does not solve anything. Call the cops and have them pull up and sit there. Here in colorado the cops can write tickets for not having proper seats, at the daycare i worked at they would do checks every couple months. After a couple checks everyone was legal. Good luck, im not one of those sticklers about the kinds of seats you have, as long as you have one and your kid is safe!
k1kelley
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:49 PM

My 7 yo is in a high back booster.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:25 PM
3 moms liked this
The only kids you should worry about are yours. I don't buy into all of the car seat mania, so I would have been one of the ones you were talking about. I did/do what I believe is best for MY kids.
kattcooper
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:31 PM
4 moms liked this
Some moms worry about other children because not all parents do what's best. There are laws in place for reasons.

Quoting mjande4:

The only kids you should worry about are yours. I don't buy into all of the car seat mania, so I would have been one of the ones you were talking about. I did/do what I believe is best for MY kids.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Too many moms try and push recommendations as law, which they are not.
Quoting kattcooper:

Some moms worry about other children because not all parents do what's best. There are laws in place for reasons.

Quoting mjande4:The only kids you should worry about are yours. I don't buy into all of the car seat mania, so I would have been one of the ones you were talking about. I did/do what I believe is best for MY kids.

kattcooper
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Recommendations usually save lives. Where I live it is illegal not to have a child under four in anything less than a five point harness. There is very strict laws about vehicle safety and up to $250,000 fines and jail time for improper car seat use.

Quoting mjande4:

Quoting kattcooper:

Quoting mjande4:The only kids you should worry about are yours. I don't buy into all of the car seat mania, so I would have been one of the ones you were talking about. I did/do what I believe is best for MY kids.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:39 PM
3 moms liked this

Not every state has the same carseat laws.  Also remember that just because someone smokes, drinks, and/or has tattoos, it doesn't mean that they are an uncaring, bad parent.

I love when judgemental people come in here and try to start drama.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

The NTSB has a list of requirements by state. Very FEW have the laws that moms on this site quote as gospel.
Quoting kattcooper:

Recommendations usually save lives. Where I live it is illegal not to have a child under four in anything less than a five point harness. There is very strict laws about vehicle safety and up to $250,000 fines and jail time for improper car seat use.

Quoting mjande4:
Quoting kattcooper:Some moms worry about other children because not all parents do what's best. There are laws in place for reasons.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN