Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do your kids love school?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:51 PM
  • 96 Replies
My DD is in kindergarten this year and she is obsessed with school! She talks about it all the time, plays it at home, tells her sister all about school, reads books that pertain to school, and sing songs about it. When asked if she would like to stay home (jokingly of course!) She screams noooo. She bumped her head by falling in the playground and hitting her head on the concrete her teacher told her she could leave and she wanted to stay!

I'm glad she loves school but I miss her wanting to be home. I am glad she's been able to spread her wings and enjoy her days of school.

Any of your kids like that?
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:59 PM

My ds is eschooled and he likes it but he's home. Dd loves school and is currently devastated because she is very sick and cannot go to school until, at least, Wed, possibly longer. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:01 PM

hahahaha, my son is to the age were school has lost its novelty. He still likes learning new things, but finds the actual school days to be repetitive and often boring.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Dd loves school. Ds2 really likes it, but isn't quite willing to admit that anymore. Ds1 has been at the age for a while that he the only part of school he admits to liking is seeing his friends and orchestra class.

mommy053008
by Maria on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Oh no what happened to her? What age is she again?

Quoting momtoBrenna:

My ds is eschooled and he likes it but he's home. Dd loves school and is currently devastated because she is very sick and cannot go to school until, at least, Wed, possibly longer. 

mommy053008
by Maria on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:13 PM
I'm not looking forward to those days...what grade is he in?

Quoting Barabell:

hahahaha, my son is to the age were school has lost its novelty. He still likes learning new things, but finds the actual school days to be repetitive and often boring.

mommy053008
by Maria on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Its cool to like school in the younger grades and cool to not like school in the older grades. Catch 22.

Quoting wakymom:

Dd loves school. Ds2 really likes it, but isn't quite willing to admit that anymore. Ds1 has been at the age for a while that he the only part of school he admits to liking is seeing his friends and orchestra class.

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:14 PM

He's in 8th grade. He started not getting excited about school anymore at the start of 4th grade.

Quoting mommy053008:

Quoting Barabell:

mommy053008
by Maria on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:15 PM
You know that's what I've heard 4th grade is the worst! But that's just what I've heard around.

Quoting Barabell:

He's in 8th grade. He started not getting excited about school anymore at the start of 4th grade.

Quoting mommy053008:

Quoting Barabell:

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM

She is 7.5 and in 3rd grade. I am pretty sure that she has pneumonia again. She has a high fever, bad cough, vomitting and lethargy. She is going to the ped in the am unless she gets any worse overnight. 

Quoting mommy053008:

Quoting momtoBrenna:

mommy053008
by Maria on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Oh no! A lot of the kids in DDs class have missed already due to sickness. Luckily she hasnt caught anything *knocks on wood*

Quoting momtoBrenna:

She is 7.5 and in 3rd grade. I am pretty sure that she has pneumonia again. She has a high fever, bad cough, vomitting and lethargy. She is going to the ped in the am unless she gets any worse overnight. 

Quoting mommy053008:

Quoting momtoBrenna:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)