Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She was SHOCKED that I allow my DS 8 to do this (added)

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:46 PM
  • 422 Replies
5 moms liked this

Poll

Question: Would you allow your 8 year old online with supervision?

Options:

Yes and do

Nope they are not allowed till much older

I dont have a computer

How could he when he is RF all the time?

Purple Fuzzy Unicorns

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1520

View Results

Go online (with me right there) to search for things, watch approved things on youtube and play "hay day" (like farmville) on the IPOD...am I nuts??? Or is this other mom (same age kid) just different then me I mean I think its good that he knows how to search for things online (facts about what ever we are learning about)

Wow so many replies and I got fetured! coolio...had school work and a dentist today (homeschooling) Thank you for all the repiles...

The computer is in the same room as where I am.

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM
14 moms liked this

Yes, I do allow my 8 year old to use the internet with supervision.  He likes to play Minecraft, games on Nickelodeon, PBS and Starfall.

DrDoofenshmirtz
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM
2 moms liked this

My DD doesn't go online, but I would not have a problem with it if supervised.

steelcage
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Mine are 6 and 7, almost, and cannot find their own websites. They don't know how to do it or how to spell. We let them on pbskids and starfall, that's about it. And they only get on there about once or twice a month.

tapies2324
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM
5 moms liked this
Four is when I started letting my boy get on pbskids. At the time tellatubbies was the it thing.....gag.
surromama
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:50 PM
3 moms liked this
My 7 year old can navigate pretty well on his own. He is in the room with us while on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andersongirl562
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM
3 moms liked this

my five year old can navigate the web...of course she is always supervised and its like once or twice a week but I dont see the harm in it especialy since her school is very technologically advanced

debramommyof4
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM
3 moms liked this

I use the internet for our homeschool classes.  My 6 year old homeschools through k12 and has to be on line.  My 7 year old is learning to look things up and research her own papers on the computer.  My 4 and 3 year olds play on abcmouse at the end of their school day with me.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:56 PM
6 moms liked this
Love your poll options. Ds is 8 and is allowed online without supervision. He has tons of parental controls and we randomly check on him.
SP_Mama
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM
3 moms liked this

My 6 & 7 year olds get on the internet with adult supervision.  They get on youtube to watch Minecraft videos and play a few games.

MommyChance
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:02 PM
5 moms liked this
My son is six, he's allowed on the computer. He knows what he can do and what he can't. I don't let him use google unsupervised. He has his own bookmarks, and he knows how to access them. He can go to nickjr.com, pbskids.org, abcmouse.com, his schools web page that has all sorts of learning links, and a few others.
He was rewarded by his first grade teacher this year because he knows how to use the computer and can take his AR reading tests on the computer without assistance.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)