Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Be honest, how many have you bought?

Posted by   + Show Post

Fundraising cookies, pies and wrapping paper? 

I hate to send my little one back to school without at least contributing some to the fundraisers. So come end of October, I will have 2 tubs of cookie dough, an apple and pumpkin pie and some really cute but completely unnecessary wrapping paper.

Do you buy from your kids fundraisers so that they at least have something to turn in?

What have you bought? 

by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Replies (31-40):
Linagma03
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Yes and GS cookies. This year I've got 2 tubs of cookie dough, and a city coupon book. Thankfully no more kids in GS that gets expensive especially when everyone in the house has different cookies that they JUST looooove!

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:19 PM
We don't do fund raisers. Every other year we do a huge walk and each month we sell food through Market Day but it's all through parents, the kids aren't involved at all.

DS is selling magazines. I save my renewals for this time of year so we can order through him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:21 PM
2 moms liked this

NO, I didn't buy one darn thing from those crappy fund raisers, and I'm the PTA President.  Instead, I made a cash donation, which is 100% profit compared to the 40-50% profit that they get from most fund raisers.

momma2b2008
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:22 PM
This is our first year for fundraisers. But I will buy something from her and I always buy things from the neighbor hood kids as well!
Firewoman33
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Nothing. I've gone to just sending in a check unless it's something ds really wants. 

So far we've gotten off easy with buying frozen cookie dough 2x.

soymujer
by Mikki on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Well, daughter wasn't on the ball and I forgot to buy from her.  Austen hasn't come home with anything yet.  But I do get hit up by my students and I have bought some pasta, a phone case and probably some chocolate.

family in the van   Mom of four

jaytee
by Jen on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:36 PM
I haven't bought anything

Yet
HaileysMom07180
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:38 PM

i haven't yet, my dd switched schools a week and a half ago and she hasn't brought one home as a result, but we got something from school about a halloween bash they are having on october 18th as a fund raiser so we will definately be doing that.

JakobsMom03
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Our school doesn't do those. Our fall and spring festival, school coupons, and the box tops are the only fundraising they do. If he did I'd buy something, so would my parents.

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:48 PM
I bought 3 tubs of cookie dough..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN